Something that MPQ can learn from MtgPQ

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MtgP recently introduced a new game mechanics called Color mastery.

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=31&t=48091

Basically as you play cards associated with a certain Color you gain exp from the card. Eventually that fills up exp bar for that Color. You gained progression reward.

I hope to see something like that for MPQ. Possible tweaks maybe
1) Factions progression rewards. As you play a particular hero, you gained reputation points associated with that faction. Eventually you unlock bonuses associated with that factions. For example you play Team Cap heroes a lot, you gain rewards associated with Team Cap.

2) Individual hero progression rewards. As you play the hero, you gained exp associated with that hero. Eventually you unlock bonus powers associated with that hero. Example you play Cyclops a lot, eventually you unlock a power which gives a bonus 10% red match dmg when you use cyclops.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I've always wanted something like this. Boosts for using all FF, Xmen, Avengers, etc... Much like future fight. Also it would be bad **** if you had a special move you could unlock with certain teams.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Stony wrote:
    I've always wanted something like this. Boosts for using all FF, Xmen, Avengers, etc... Much like future fight. Also it would be bad **** if you had a special move you could unlock with certain teams.

There were combos like this in Marvel War of Heroes also (TCG)... had to pay a little more attention to your matchups offensively and defensively as there were bonuses added with certain team compositions. http://marvel-war-of-heroes.wikia.com/w ... cial_Combo

For MPQ:
    A unique Colossus/Wolvie "Fastball Special" would be pretty cool, maybe a % damage bonus to the skill Wolvie casts or a % chance that single target becomes AOE.
    A Scott/Jean pairing that maybe gives them 10% more HP.
    A Doom/MrF pairing that maybe reshuffles the board every 5 moves.

Would definitely bring some interest back and give some life to non-playable characters.