revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats dude!
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    You lucky tinykitty
    icon_mrgreen.gif
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Lol. Where I'm at in the game that amount of iso is like winning the powerball and having to split it with a couple million people.

But seriously though congrats! If your in 2* land though I'm sure its super helpful.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Just think, that's nearly $100 'worth' of ISO according to recent ISO sale! Or ~4 days of playing!

Seriously, congrats, but it really is a pittance that the grand prize in a sweepstakes is barely anything. They're even stingy giving ISO away during giveaways!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    LordXberk wrote:
    Just think, that's nearly $100 'worth' of ISO according to recent ISO sale! Or ~4 days of playing!

Seriously, congrats, but it really is a pittance that the grand prize in a sweepstakes is barely anything. They're even stingy giving ISO away during giveaways!

To be fair, for people who can only dedicate an hour to the game a day because of busy work or school schedules, thats more like ~20 days of playing.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

To be fair, for people who can only dedicate an hour to the game a day because of busy work or school schedules, thats more like ~20 days of playing.

This is precisely the problem. The iso distribution rate is designed for players who play an hour a day and are still at the 1*, 2*, or early 3* level.

But the character release rate is designed to keep vets grinding with a new 4* or 5* ever two weeks. Accordingly, the economy of the game is wildly imbalanced. And demi's preferred 'solution' seems to be "charging outrageous amounts of money for iso."
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

This is precisely the problem. The iso distribution rate is designed for players who play an hour a day and are still at the 1*, 2*, or early 3* level.

But the character release rate is designed to keep vets grinding with a new 4* or 5* ever two weeks. Accordingly, the economy of the game is wildly imbalanced. And demi's preferred 'solution' seems to be "charging outrageous amounts of money for iso."

That's because they created the problem on purpose, so they could then offer a solution that benefits them.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I'm just glad to hear that people actually DO win it. Congrats!
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

That's because they created the problem on purpose, so they could then offer a solution that benefits them.

I would love to know the breakdown of revenue between HP purchases and ISO purchases (and VIP once it normalizes). I'm very curious how much ISO they actually sell. Must be enough that they aren't worried about increasing amount of ISO in each purchase amount, but I still can't imagine spending money on ISO unless I'm the whale-iest of the whales.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do the uber-whales even buy iso? It must take a ton of 40-packs to get enough LTs to whale a 5*. That's got to result in an awful lot of useless covers or champ levels that turn into iso.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Do the uber-whales even buy iso? It must take a ton of 40-packs to get enough LTs to whale a 5*. That's got to result in an awful lot of useless covers or champ levels that turn into iso.

KD posted a few months ago that in all his whaling he only bought the motherlode (iso) twice. Other than that it's all HP>40packs>iso
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    mikelnoe wrote:
    Lol. Where I'm at in the game that amount of iso is like winning the powerball and having to split it with a couple million people.

Yeah, another thread got me to figure out how to track ISO needed for my characters. 8M, just for the fully-covered ones. The only thing encouraging about that is that I have put 12M into my roster already (wish I had some idea of how much I've spent on boosts and "skip tax").
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Congratulations, carrion pigeons. icon_e_biggrin.gif