2*,3*,4* Dupe Selling / How Much Is 2 Covers Worth / Farming

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I just spent the last 40 minutes trying to search the forum ( so that I didn't have to make a thread about it, thus having another mod on my case ), trying to find the official thread that has the tables for iso levels for selling covers. Or, even the thread from a few weeks ago, about selling 2* Champions, because someone briefly mentioned the iso amount you get for selling a 2-cover 3* character at level 49, versus separately at levels 40 and 40.

I can never remember the stats, on my own.

If someone can decipher what I'm talking about, please drop one of those two links into here.

Thank youuuuu, in advance. :+D

Comments

• TLCstormz
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26130&p=335823&hilit=Selling+prices#p335823

I found the chart, but where is the discussion on what's the best level to invest Iso for the best sellback amount?
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I can't find the thread now but have copied the stats:

4*s ... 2 covers of same color ... level to 82 + 31 iso, sell for 4000 iso, net 1183 iso

3*s ... 2 covers of same color ... level to 48 + 17 iso, sell for 2000 iso, net 518 iso
    3*s ... 2 covers of same color ... level to 62, sell for 4500 iso, net 1433 iso
  • TLCstormz
    Sendikelm wrote:
    I can't find the thread now but have copied the stats:

4*s ... 2 covers of same color ... level to 82 + 31 iso, sell for 4000 iso, net 1183 iso

3*s ... 2 covers of same color ... level to 48 + 17 iso, sell for 2000 iso, net 518 iso

Thank youuuuuu!!!

Although.....for the second 3* stat, you meant to say THREE covers.....right?

:+D
  • TLCstormz
    Omg.......i now have FOURTEEN yellow covers for Rocket And Groot, about to expire.

Has anyone ever done the math, to find the sweet spot for FIVE 3* covers of the same color?

:+/
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Omg.......i now have FOURTEEN yellow covers for Rocket And Groot, about to expire.

Has anyone ever done the math, to find the sweet spot for FIVE 3* covers of the same color?

:+/

I think the game is telling you to champ him already. Or is he like 19/5/2 or something?
  • TLCstormz
    Something like that, yes.

I also have and Force with only 2 yellow and 2 black, that already has 5 greens, but I have another 3 greens in my queue.

And I have 3 blue Wasps, and about 10 Psylockes, and several Rags, and others that "are not worth" Champing.

But anyway......does anyone have calculatuins for 3*s with 5 covers of the same color? lol
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Sendikelm wrote:

Thank you for posting this. Just used it to get rid of 2 peggy blue covers dying on my vine
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Math for 2 4* covers is easy. How about 3? anybody done that?

I currently have 2 WarMachine covers but the third one (all red) will come during Howard PvE. Since he is 5-2-5 I will not be able to champion him (not spending CP on WM, even if I had them). Any input would be great.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I recall, the ISO earnings for Selling a two cover threestar is because they discounted the lower levels way back when but never adjusted the sales price. Since the higher levels are more expensive, I don't Think there are any "sweet spots" up there. Or at the very least they are hard to find.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sendikelm wrote:

Why are the 2 different values for the same thing?

Does anyone have this value for 2*s?
  • Magic
    Magic wrote:
    Math for 2 4* covers is easy. How about 3? anybody done that?

I currently have 2 WarMachine covers but the third one (all red) will come during Howard PvE. Since he is 5-2-5 I will not be able to champion him (not spending CP on WM, even if I had them). Any input would be great.

Yes, the math has been done. No, there are no better deals. If stuck with 3 4*s of same color, use 2 as described above, then sell the 3rd by itself for 1000iso.

These "deals" were created by R75 when low levels on 3*s and 4*s were discounted. The chance for profit reaches a maximal point with 2 4* covers of the same color, and with 3x 3* covers of the same color. It's all downhill after that.

Mixing covers of different colors is no help, as the first cover of a color only unlocks a few levels. Makes very littel progress to a higher sell point.

If you can't make a "pair" (or a trey of 3*s), then hold on to the singles and keep waiting, or just sell as singles.

Thanks for clearing this up. 1k ISO of profit is not much but it's still something. And if there is no extra gain with 3 4* covers I know what I have to do in 2 weeks.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Sendikelm wrote:

Why are the 2 different values for the same thing?

Does anyone have this value for 2*s?
    It's a typo. The second line is supposed to read "3 covers of the same color".
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any 2* deal like this? I've had a few cases where I had 2 covers for 2* expiring before I could reset my farm character.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_twisted.gif
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    This is very useful, especially since they keep insisting on giving out 2 of the same color 3* for each PVE. WHY MUST THEY DO THIS?!?!?!?!? icon_evil.gif
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sendikelm wrote:

An alliance member just posted that level 83 now sells for 3k. A net gain of 183 (even less now that the new button force you to level to 83 completely)
  • Magic
    Why changing this I have no clue. Oh well - my WarMachine will not give me an extra 1k ISO but it's negligible anyway.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Level 83 sells for 4K. I just tested it with 2 Mr. **** covers.

This was on Android.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Lvl 83 sold for 4k iso for a 4* Cage with 2 reds just now
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    And what about 5* level, is there any profit from sale of double or 2+1 5* covers?