MPQ & MtGPQ At Gen Con Indy 2016

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Gen_Con_2016_Logo.JPG

We're pleased to announce that folks from the D3 Go! team will be at Gen Con Indy 2016 next week!

We'll be at booth #2923 demoing both Marvel Puzzle Quest and Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest. Come by and say "Hello" - and be sure and enter our Daily Raffles for a chance to win awesome in-game prizes!

Gen Con Indy 2016 Details:

When: August 4-7, 2016

Where: The Indiana Convention Center, 100 S. Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225

D3 Go! Booth: 2923

Gen Con 2016 Website: www.gencon.com

Comments

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I went to one of their events last year (Phoenix) and the drawing prizes were great.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh nice. I'll be sure to stop by during my round(s) solving the Puzzle Hunt.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    The Grasshopper (age 10) and I will be there on Saturday.
  • Xrethx
    Xrethx Posts: 6
    Got a few hulk buster covers and like 3000 hp and 20k iso, or something like that from a raffle last year when they were in Phoenix.

Writing this reminded me I still need one more hb cover that isn't red. When I got the ones from the raffle I had none at all.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    For those who have met 'the team' at Cons, what are they like? Is the MPQ booth super busy or can you spend some time chatting with them? Do they seem to excited about the game and the future of the game? Do they share any worthwhile information (since the video communication and forum Q&A is gone)? Do they have plans for future content beyond just dropping new characters? I feel like we could compile a great list of questions for attendees to ask if they were so inclined.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice to see the consistency. Prizes at their booth are still RNG based.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Cool!
    Of course it's a year I won't be attending. I hope you go back next year!
  • ZeiramMR
    LordXberk wrote:
    For those who have met 'the team' at Cons, what are they like? Is the MPQ booth super busy or can you spend some time chatting with them? Do they seem to excited about the game and the future of the game? Do they share any worthwhile information (since the video communication and forum Q&A is gone)? Do they have plans for future content beyond just dropping new characters? I feel like we could compile a great list of questions for attendees to ask if they were so inclined.
    Pretty sure this will be largely a mix of marketing/sales types as opposed to devs.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I saw them a couple years ago in Phoenix when ICE was still there. I think David was there, as well as another member of the team. No marketing guys whatsoever. The booth was underwhelming for what I'd imagined from a game I've so strongly attached to. ICE was down to earth and excited to talk about the game, he actually dropped a hint about the the move to 10x health packs which came true. The raffles each day were great, I won some PX covers and ICE even let me give the 2500HP part to a friend of mine not in attendance. They were also giving winners a few of the actual comics used for covers in game, I got 3* Mag's issue.

Be prepared to feel very embarrassed meeting them if you've ever lost your temper criticizing them here.
  • ZeiramMR
    Ludaa wrote:
    I saw them a couple years ago in Phoenix when ICE was still there. I think David was there, as well as another member of the team. No marketing guys whatsoever. The booth was underwhelming for what I'd imagined from a game I've so strongly attached to. ICE was down to earth and excited to talk about the game, he actually dropped a hint about the the move to 10x health packs which came true. The raffles each day were great, I won some PX covers and ICE even let me give the 2500HP part to a friend of mine not in attendance. They were also giving winners a few of the actual comics used for covers in game, I got 3* Mag's issue.

Be prepared to feel very embarrassed meeting them if you've ever lost your temper criticizing them here.
    Good to know. And I stay pretty positive on the forums so no embarrassment needed! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    So anyone go and what was the booth like?
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I went. The booth was small; when I was there they had about a half-dozen iPad minis set up demoing the game(s). Hi-Fi and Cthulhu were there, we talked for a while (including my impromptu getting tapped by a press person for beginner advice since my black Surfer drop was yesterday). Met somebody else who was nearing the one year mark and been denied Iron Fist by RNG; we talked about how to predict upcoming essentials.

Had a good time. Discussed non-MPQ games for a bit with Cthulhu; had to leave before door prize drawing because the Grasshopper and I were worn out.