Heroic Encounters

Options
khurram
khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So when are we going to get heroic encounters for the legacy and dual colored planeswalkers?

I have been wondering about it ever since they released Ob and Ally Gideon. It seemed to me only a matter of time. I'd love to be able to play heroics for each pw because it kind of gives an insight into devs perspective regarding deckbuilfing for certain pws.

Also because heroic enounters are the most efficient in gaining mastery points right now

Comments

• UrbanNinja
    UrbanNinja Posts: 66
    Options
    I just suggested this in the suggestions forum, but thinking a bit more about it, you don't really need more encounters. You only need "the easiest one"
  • khurram
    Options
    UrbanNinja wrote:
    I just suggested this in the suggestions forum, but thinking a bit more about it, you don't really need more encounters. You only need "the easiest one"

For color mastery? Sure. But i imagine it gets repetitive. It would be good to have more variety.
  • UrbanNinja
    UrbanNinja Posts: 66
    Options
    Well I'll admit that it was not super fun. But losing games because of your sub-par cards is even more frustrating. Some encounters are very difficult. A few hours ago Nissa started with a Gaea's Revenge and an Evolutionary Leap. A 48/27 on turn 3 is pretty hard to stop.

Please don't get me wrong, I'd welcome new challenges with enthusiasm, but I don't think it would be useful for leveling up masteries
  • khurram
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was thinking about suggesting this. Then I recalled I had already requested it a bazillion years ago.  :)

I still think it would be awesome if we get heroic encounters for all of the PWs. With challenging objectives. I remember when Gideon's encounter which starts with war oracle used to kick my **** because I could not keep up with double life gain from archive. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    More Story Mode or heroic encounter would  be welcome anyway. At least npt only grinding for mastery/runes for some matches. And hey there are so many many pve matches out there, that can be implemented. And of not you can call for a deckbuilding competition for all the 25 other pw out there to make it real heroic.

Story mode didn't evolve since my beginning 12.16.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do want this, _but_ I haven't finished all the existing possibilities because it forces you to change your main decks.

So yes, add more, but also add "event decks" to story.