5* abilities

Banjo
Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
Is there any chance that new 5* characters could have abilities that make them more useable/fun to use without being reliant on a single colour?

E.g. I just lucked out (or thought I did) & drew 2 Banner covers. Unfortunately, neither of them bring out The Other Guy - which, well let's face it, is the whole fun point of Banner and means that he'll languish in my roster not even getting brought out to fight goons for fun.

Similar with OML's black - (without it you can't gain access to the other set of abilities by transforming), and Phoenix Jean's resurrection which is a pretty defining point of the character (clue's in the name...). I've also got a BSSpidey who is 2/1/0, and without a purple cover you rob most of his strength...

If you're going to insist that 5*'s have a power that is effectively mandatory to be useful, then how about the first cover that a player draws for that character actually being that necessary cover?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    All 5* covers should be colourless, they are rare enough for most people that getting useless ones should never happen and everyone should be able to get a character that is usable in as few covers as possible.

As somebody with no yellow covers for OML, I would make the argument that it is the essential cover on that character for it to be even slightly usable.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Yeah there's what, 15% chance of a 5*, and then the praying begins that it's useable.

I understand that Yellow is a big benefit to OML, but I was 0/3/0 for the longest time and never used him. Once you have black his usefulness increases massively. Otherwise he's just a meatshield, and there are other 4* options that work just as well in that respect.

Either way though, you shouldn't be in a situation where your excitement at getting a 5* swiftly turns to disappointment when you realise that you're still not going to use it.