Heroic tokens are garbage

We_are_Venom
We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Fix the drop rate of 3* for these. There is no reason for 2* characters to be drawn from heroic tokens when they are drawn from standard tokens at a decent rate. What's heroic about drawing a 2* from this token?

I don't even look forward to getting them because I know it's going to be anther 2* I don't need. Make them 3* only with a low 4* drop rate already.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    You my friend need to do what I've done and champion all of your 2*s and 3*s. Then they stop being so useless. Prizes for all! Prizes every time!!!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    2* chars dont need long to max champ.
    event tokens really help with that.

that leaves you with 3*s, and with another new 5* out, the low draw rate for 3*s in ANY token is just a bad joke.

a 10-pack with every single draw being a 2*?
    jup, thx, i still have to max champ my 4th storm.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    There are plenty of players who do need star.pngstar.png covers. The Heroic Tokens are for them. For those of us that have been playing longer, they generally produce things that are recycled for iso8.png but the once in a while that they produce a useable cover is greatly appreciated.

The new sell value for star.pngstar.png characters also increases the usability of those tokens. There are currently eight star.pngstar.png characters that I can use covers for and I'm on day 824.
  • rb8888
    rb8888 Posts: 5
    I think people who disagree with the OP should also state when they've started playing. I've mainly been using reddit for advice for MPQ and I've noticed that people giving advice have been playing the game for a long time and things have changed to the point where their advice is only partially valid.

I started earlier this year and I complete PvE events to at least 50% of the points and 100% if I have all 3 event characters. I've paid about $100 to buy slots. You'd think I'd max out a single 2*, but that's still not the case. My highest level 2* is 110. The game as is is too difficult to progress. Sure I can get a 4* from a PvE event, but what's the point when that 4* only has one skill; they are basically useless for both PvE and PvP.

I've played other games with CCG elements and this game is by far the worst in progressing your characters especially give that it limits you via the "slots" mechanism. If "slots" is the way to get people to pay, then I agree that drop rates should be better, because players will have to discard cards to level existing one.

I'd propose the following:
    * Let people farm 1* in Story
    * Recruit token and Taco token are for 2*
    * Heroic token is for 3*
    * Update The Big Enchilada for people to transition from 2* to 3*; right now, it feels like it's for people finishing up 3* to 4*
  • JeffCascadian
    rb8888 wrote:
    My highest level 2* is 110. The game as is is too difficult to progress.

--Participate in the weekly Lightning Rounds as much as your personal schedule will allow. They have a high drop rate of star.pngstar.png covers. If you join a Lightning Round just as it starts, you'll have several very easy to beat opponents before you start facing teams that are close to your actual level. In addition to the star.pngstar.png covers, you'll also receive plenty of Standard tokens which also sometimes provide star.pngstar.png covers.

--Do as much of Deadpool's Daily Quest as you can. There are lots to star.pngstar.png characters in the Taco Vaults and you can potentially earn two Taco Tokens every day (presuming you have the required star.pngstar.pngstar.png character).

Since you asked, I'm on day 831. I hope this helps.
  • rb8888 wrote:
    My highest level 2* is 110. The game as is is too difficult to progress.

--Participate in the weekly Lightning Rounds as much as your personal schedule will allow. They have a high drop rate of star.pngstar.png covers.

A lone star.pngstar.png from an entire day of LR is a high drop rate? icon_lol.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    Lone? Not for me. I receive at least one per round and participate in multiple rounds every week.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    pulled 2 4* from heroics this week. didn't need either. but i pulled em...
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Lone? Not for me. I receive at least one per round and participate in multiple rounds every week.

Wow, you have some good mojo going then. I am lucky if I get one star.pngstar.png from LRs in a week. This week I got nothing but star.png and 70 iso8.png with the occasional 140 iso8.png and exactly one 250 iso8.png . Granted I only got to play in 6 or 7 rounds this week.

I am only on day 98 and I didn't even know you could get star.pngstar.png from LRs until I read it here in the forums awhile back. Then I got a few but then it dried up from there to the trickle I get now.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with the tokens is not the heroics, they have their place in the game.

The issue is actually the lack of anything between them and an LT, there should be one that gives 3* with a chance of 4*, either a regular token that does that or maybe make event tokens work that way.
  • rb8888
    rb8888 Posts: 5
    deadtaco wrote:

Wow, you have some good mojo going then. I am lucky if I get one star.pngstar.png from LRs in a week. This week I got nothing but star.png and 70 iso8.png with the occasional 140 iso8.png and exactly one 250 iso8.png . Granted I only got to play in 6 or 7 rounds this week.

I am only on day 98 and I didn't even know you could get star.pngstar.png from LRs until I read it here in the forums awhile back. Then I got a few but then it dried up from there to the trickle I get now.

Same here for me. I tried LR before, but I can barely win and when I do, I never got a 2*, so now I just avoid it.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    rb8888 wrote:
    deadtaco wrote:

Same here for me. I tried LR before, but I can barely win and when I do, I never got a 2*, so now I just avoid it.

Join LR immediately it opens and you get max 10 seed teams to play against, very easy fights and you earn iso and covers easily and fast that way.
  • JeffCascadian
    This past week's Lightning Rounds, the villain week, was oddly devoid of two star character rewards. I only received six total (and no Bag-Man, darn it) out of all the LRs I participated it.