Fun with RNG (Streak ends, day 726!)

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm on day 722.

Day 149 brought my first 4* cover, icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png . By the time I got the yellowflag.png on day 180, He was 1/1/2.

Since that time I have acquired an additional 129 4* covers (not counting characters I've rostered and sold off along the way).

Not one of those covers has been an XFW.

Do I mind? Not particularly. I have 6+ covers in around 7 or 8 other 4*. My progress, at times slow, nonetheless continues.

But it amuses me every time I scroll past XFW in my roster to realize that it has been almost 600 days since I first acquired one of his covers, and almost 550 days since I last acquired one of his covers.

Poor guy.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled one this morning.

Mine is 4/4/5 and will likely never get to 270 for his champ rewards. I'd imagine many many people are similar
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is BIZZARO rng there!

I think I've drawn more XF than any other character after champing - have more HB's but he was run for a couple of boss events, more covers for many.

I keep meaning to champ Fury some day - I maxed XFW first (was able to use his good black for two whole months!), I think I maxed TGThor 3rd or 4th...I started maxing Fury (got to 210) and then 4* became the land and he became not very good. But I want to max him so my roster looks like "Old Time Vet" - with the three original (good, I don't count you IW) 4*'s maxed.

And since it's an XForce topic....really, imagine him as he was. Would he see -some- use today? Yes. Would he even be top 10 4*? Probably not. Revert XForce nerf!
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I have 260 4* covers rostered but only two of them are X Force Deadpool. Meanwhile Drax who I feel wasn't released all that long ago just got his 10th. The random numbers will mess with your head as much as they possibly can.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Fury is still at 4 blue covers. He was released 2 years ago. I've earned all of those blue covers.
  • DFiPL
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    That is BIZZARO rng there!

I think I've drawn more XF than any other character after champing - have more HB's but he was run for a couple of boss events, more covers for many.

I keep meaning to champ Fury some day - I maxed XFW first (was able to use his good black for two whole months!), I think I maxed TGThor 3rd or 4th...I started maxing Fury (got to 210) and then 4* became the land and he became not very good. But I want to max him so my roster looks like "Old Time Vet" - with the three original (good, I don't count you IW) 4*'s maxed.

And since it's an XForce topic....really, imagine him as he was. Would he see -some- use today? Yes. Would he even be top 10 4*? Probably not. Revert XForce nerf!

It's super weird! Like, nearly ALL of my more heavily-covered 4* characters are the folks you'd expect. Nick Fury is 3/4/3. He had three covers drop in the daily. Star-Lord is 2/4/4. He had two covers drop in the daily, but I've pulled him with regularity also. Ant-Man is 4/2/1. I don't think he's been in the daily, but he was a Civil War reward and had a couple runs of his own event drop covers. So, y'know, stands to reason he's got 7. Invisible Woman is 3/1/3. Had 3 covers in the daily. So on.

XFW? I have pulled literally one cover, ever, that wasn't in the daily, and it's been nearly two years since I've seen my most recent. Goofy.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blah blah blah random distribution.

Take my 4* Venom (0/0/1) and Miles (5/4/4 with a cover in my queue and at least two others that I've sold off IIRC) -- and remember that Eddie was released a week before Miles.
  • DFiPL

Take my 4* Venom (0/0/1) and Miles (5/4/4 with a cover in my queue and at least two others that I've sold off IIRC) -- and remember that Eddie was released a week before Miles.

I'm aware. What makes it funny is I've had at least one cover for literally every 4* in the game except Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) and Moon Knight since I last got an XFW cover...almost 600 days ago. He was the first 4* cover I ever got, and since his last one, I've had 129 covers across 29 characters (again, that's who's on the roster right now, not who got sold along the way).

And, again, I'm not complaining. Every one of the characters I have with more covers than XFW has is a character I would have prioritized had I had explicit control.

I just thought it was funny that in all that time, I hadn't pulled a single one since his last daily drop.
  • DFiPL
    #130: She-Thor blueflag.png !
  • DFiPL
    #131 was icon_quake.pngyellowflag.png .

However!

#132: XFW blackflag.png !

The streak is dead, long live the streak!
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor

A week after; Miles was the 4* essential for Venom's release. Still, that's awfully goofy.