Which PvE final reward would you prefer?

theorangemisfit
theorangemisfit Posts: 21
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Which would you prefer?

Call me crazy, but I think I'd prefer the 4 star. At least I know it's a guarantee and would be a huge factor in whether or not I want to grind for that event. Then again, the CP has a 15% chance at a 5 star, so I'm not complaining either way.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    25 CP. I can grind to get a specific 4* in PVP at 1000 points. I can only get 5*s through RNG and the vehicle that delivers that RNG is CP.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the answer to that is going to vary. People with a number of covered 4* are probably going to want the CP, because then they at least have a 15% chance of getting a 5* cover. People who are still covering their 4* might prefer the featured 4*.

If, like me, they only have one 4* cover at max ability, they might swing back to preferring the CP, because there's almost no chance that whatever reward they receive will be useless.

I mean, that's more or less where I'm at. There are two 4* I'm not really excited about (Carnage and TAHulk), I'm not bothering with the Duck or the Dino because covers for those are even harder for me to come by than my other characters, and I don't have Nova, Moon Knight or Hawkeye yet, but would roster any of the three given the opportunity.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at the featured 4*, since three of the five I don't have I would cheerfully roster, and the vast majority of the rest of my 4* bench can use ANY cover it gets (only Professor X's purpleflag.png is maxed).

But honestly I'd rather see the featured 4* slip in as the 1000 ISO reward prior to the 25 CP. Someone who doesn't need the cover is still going to be able to turn the featured cover into that 1000 ISO, while still being able to get the 25 CP they need to either cover someone else or get a 5* cover.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I tcp2hink they should include both the featured cover and 25 cp like PvP now. Replace the current 25 cp progression reward with the featured char and move the 25 cp to a higher progression. With this change though they should add a 2nd 3* featured cover to the rewards too. But that's just me.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted featured cover however only under the proviso that the system is progression only and ranking prizes scrapped.

If that proviso wouldnt be met then I'd favour cp since I can make t10 in pve when I want to.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can only get CPs consistently in two place, 1300 in PvP and final progression in PvE. Removing one of those would hurt A LOT the chances of getting any 5. So, for me as a 4->5 playerr there is just one answer, that is 25CP.

As most people around here though, I think that a Progression PvE ONLY is the way of the future. Something like this(using as an example Thick as Thieves current progression)

- 25000 - 1000 iso
    - 29000 - 4 cover
    - 33000 - 25 CPs
    - 38000 - 4 cover
    - 43000 - 3000 iso
    - 50000 - 4 cover

This would be really cool. Still probably hard to get to for most players, but I think fair (I don't know if 50k is achievable, but the idea is that the final cover score should be something like the current top10 cut off). And to make placement still apealing, you can still award some extra iso based on placement. This way we fix PvE and iso draught icon_e_biggrin.gif

Now that we have 30+ 4s, I don't think that awarding more 4 covers to players is not going to break anything, when any given 4 is just featured every 90+ days.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I think you're asking the wrong question. Versus mode awards a specific 4* cover and then 25 CP at final progression. Story mode should also give the featured 4* cover and then 25 CP at final progression.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    HaywireII wrote:
    I think you're asking the wrong question. Versus mode awards a specific 4* cover and then 25 CP at final progression. Story mode should also give the featured 4* cover and then 25 CP at final progression.

I agree with this. Why not both?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    They SHOULD BOTH be part of the Progression Rewards, regardless!

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game has moved beyond 4stars, so only the CP matters
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    To take this a little further - the only way to beat RNG is to overpower it in numbers. The only way to do that (outside of spending tens of thousands of dollars), is to collect every single CP you can. So yeah, I chose the CP cause it's the only way to get 5* and that's increasingly going to become what the game is about for anyone who's playing seriously.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I complain that -specific- 4* covers are not in enough places, it is a complaint that the MPQ world should have already shifted - the 4*'s should be released like the 3*'s already are.

After you get a couple of decent 4*'s covered, you'll find you don't care to chase 4* covers or even level them anymore - only 5*'s matter, and basically only CP can get to them.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP, because only CP matters. I would never ever ever play PVE if there was no CP at the end of the tunnel.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Daiches wrote:

The end game has moved beyond 4 stars. However there are always new players coming in and there needs to be a path for them to progress in the game as well. If I was new to the game and found that I was unable to make it to 800 points in a versus event to win a 3* cover because teams with 36,000+ health champed and boosted Thoress and Jean Greys kept hitting me every time I got over 500 points where would my incentive be to continue playing the game? If the only path to being competitive is "play for a year first" most people are going to find another game.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    cp gives us options to use when we are ready and never expire. set cover gives us 14 days to use it or lose it. 5*s are all that matters and cp is the best way to get em. rng issues what they are, the best way to overcome them is with numbers. voted cp.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    should get both, just like PVP progression
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    They should just add another 4* reward on top of the 25CP. If "max progression" in the new PVE system is around 3x clears per node, just tack on a new reward tier of an additional 4* cover at 4-5 clears.

There's no reason this can't happen other than stingyness. The 3->4 transition is brutally slow. Giving players one or two extra 4* covers a week is not going to break anything.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    The correct answer is both. Since placement rewards have gotten way harder to get, they need to sweeten the pot on progression reward.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sluggo wrote:
    They should just add another 4* reward on top of the 25CP. If "max progression" in the new PVE system is around 3x clears per node, just tack on a new reward tier of an additional 4* cover at 4-5 clears.

There's no reason this can't happen other than stingyness. The 3->4 transition is brutally slow. Giving players one or two extra 4* covers a week is not going to break anything.
    Many of us have been saying this since somewhere around the 20th 4*
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    The end game has moved beyond 4 stars. However there are always new players coming in and there needs to be a path for them to progress in the game as well. If I was new to the game and found that I was unable to make it to 800 points in a versus event to win a 3* cover because teams with 36,000+ health champed and boosted Thoress and Jean Greys kept hitting me every time I got over 500 points where would my incentive be to continue playing the game? If the only path to being competitive is "play for a year first" most people are going to find another game.
    (my emphasis)

I just wanted to report this because it's very much the state of things right now, and the clearest sign that leagues need to be implemented. As a 5* player, I will sure as hell relentlessly stomp on any 3* or 4* team I see worth more than single-digit points because I know they're sure as hell not going to retaliate. The fact that I can do so is grossly unfair.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:
    (my emphasis)

I just wanted to report this because it's very much the state of things right now, and the clearest sign that leagues need to be implemented. As a 5* player, I will sure as hell relentlessly stomp on any 3* or 4* team I see worth more than single-digit points because I know they're sure as hell not going to retaliate. The fact that I can do so is grossly unfair.

Wow it's too bad it took people until 5 stars and champing to notice what lower players have been saying here for a year+.
    There's no incentive for players to actually 'compete' almost everyting in this game comes down to a check on how long you've spent on the game or much more important how MUCH you've spend on the game.

Joining this game is a giant shifting wall and all modes are competitive. Whether its faster clears in pve (yes you're winfinite or 5 stars against a scaled up team is still faster than the dude with 1 star iron man who is probably going to give up in 2 months)

4 stars shouldn't be the final reward. people WITH that 4 star can already get more points than someone without.they should be just before the cp.

In a year of on and off play, I'm already at the why even log in phase of this game. Even if I made a team of 4's they still have very little use against others 4 stars and champed 4 stars. Every step forward will just follow the norm. I'll never get to leave this slog part of the game without some intense 5 digit currency expense, and even that isn't a guarantee.
    I barely even do ddq's at this point because 3 stars have no value besides eating up your iso so you can champ them.