Anyone know how to Deadpool from Suiciding

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
As the subject says.

I wanted to use his use his Whale power to help my team in round 7 where Ultron is FAR beyond my Roster to take down.

But every time I put him on the team he jumps in front of the first bomb (17K, even my boosted characters have only 9K health) that reaches the bottom and is instantly killed. That's incredibly annoying and very stupid since even with +4 Purple boosts it's only about 20% likely I'll collect 10 more before a bomb goes off. I'd much rather have him with NO black covers.

To me this is a bug. The code should for that skill should be changed to only have him jump in front if he can survive the attack.
if (Damage > X && Deadpool Health > character in front Health && Deadpool Health > Damage)
{
    JumpInFront();
}

KGB

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Send him with someone who has more health than him.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Simple

Team Up

No need to take the actual deadpool into the fight just take a whales team up then take tanks who can survive best they can until you can fire whales
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Problem is a team up can only be used once. After that you have to get another one from a team mate or from beating Deadpool.

As for using a character with more health, that's pretty much impossible when he's boosted and thus a top health character for me (ie no real difference between him and anyone else I can use).

KGB
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You could let the sentries knock him about a bit first, go in with half health...
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do you have Scarlet Witch? Throw her in and hope her tile spawns near the top. Or if you have Green Goblin with a yellow cover use both Switch and GG, he'll fortify her tile and you'll generate quick purple.

If you don't have Switch try taking IM40 and 3* Capt. America. Use +2All boost +2b/p +2r/y. Try to match the yellow quickly and hope that the tiles spawn high enough to get Cap's shields going to take care of the bombs while you look to match purple.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, try not to let bombs hit the bottom. icon_e_smile.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    build a new dp and turf all his black covers?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB wrote:
    Problem is a team up can only be used once. After that you have to get another one from a team mate or from beating Deadpool.

Omg, use your alliance chat. Ask for a Deadpool. There are only two possible skills in which could be gained and it doesn't matter if the Purple is at rank 1. That is what the system is there for. Don't act like it's a problem when alliances can have up to 20 members. Droppings well on Ultron is also an uncommon strategy for most people familair with it, so Deadpools should be available for sending.
  • torontoraptors
    Options
    Not to derail his Topic since event is over but how do you know which team up gets which power, I always get confused by this. If I send a Thor to my alliance members, how do I know if they call the storm or the other two powers?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not to derail his Topic since event is over but how do you know which team up gets which power, I always get confused by this. If I send a Thor to my alliance members, how do I know if they call the storm or the other two powers?
    It's completely random so you actually have to ask the recipient what they got. The only way to be sure which one to send is to send a character with only one power. For example, Modern Black Widow with only blue covers is a popular choice
  • torontoraptors
    Options
    It's completely random so you actually have to ask the recipient what they got. The only way to be sure which one to send is to send a character with only one power. For example, Modern Black Widow with only blue covers is a popular choice

That would mean whatever you get is severely underpowered but I see your point.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That would mean whatever you get is severely underpowered but I see your point.
    Power level is determined by number of covers and TU level. The covers are determined by what the giver has, but the TU level is determined by the receiver's roster level. You could send a level 40 Deadpool with 5 purple covers, and if the recipient has championed 3*s, they'll get a level 166 Whales Whales Whales.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, the level doesn't matter one single bit if you just want to drop mega whales on somebody.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    halirin really had the first, best answer. Deadpool will only jump in front if he has more health than the teammate that is about to take damage. The solution is therefore to have someone with more health that Deadpool to "tank" the damage. Ideally, you don't want anybody taking that damage but if it's going to happen, just make sure it's someone with more health than Deadpool before the bomb drops.