SDCC 2016: Wasp, Black Bolt & Spider-Woman For MPQ

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ_New_Characters_SDCC_2016.jpg

San Diego Comic-Con 2016 is upon us and we're very pleased to be able to unveil some awesome new characters arriving soon in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Revealed just this afternoon at Marvel's SDCC House of Ideas panel - WASP, BLACK BOLT, and SPIDER-WOMAN are joining the game in the very near future.

More will be detailed in the coming days and weeks. For now, you can fly to Marvel.com and grab the lowdown on Wasp in an interview with D3 Go!'s Josh Austin.

READ IT HERE.

Marvel.com Quote:
"Marvel.com: Janet Van Dyne’s making her first appearance as the Wasp in 'Marvel Puzzle Quest' nearly rounding out the original Avengers roster. Why was now the right time for the Wasp to sting?

Josh Austin: A lot of 'Marvel Puzzle Quest' fans have been asking for Wasp and Janet Van Dyne is definitely a fan favorite that has been appearing in our top requested characters list! Ever since Ant-Man went into the game and the popularity of him grew with the movie last year, the team has been very interested in adding another super shrinking character and it can’t get much better than Wasp.
"

Comments

• Ulizeus
    Ulizeus Posts: 35
    Dunno about more spiders, spidey is my favorite but lots of hulks, lots of wolvs, lots of caps, lots of thors, lots of imans (kinda thislike him by the way)

The other two seem to be a great addition, still waiting for a cosmic spider icon_razz.gif , a great villian like the collector or annhillus, super skrull, blackheart or meph maybe icon_e_biggrin.gif

Anyway, great to know what is coming.
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Ulizeus wrote:
    Dunno about more spiders, spidey is my favorite but lots of hulks, lots of wolvs, lots of caps, lots of thors, lots of imans (kinda thislike him by the way)

The other two seem to be a great addition, still waiting for a cosmic spider icon_razz.gif , a great villian like the collector or annhillus, super skrull, blackheart or meph maybe icon_e_biggrin.gif

Spider-Woman has just as much about to do w/ Spider-man as America Chavez has to do w/ Captain America. Despite a common name, they basically share really nothing else.
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    If you don't mute the sound already, you'll definitely want to do that with Black Bolt.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any idea on the rarity? We know Wasp is a 4, and I guess Spiderwoman will also be a 4, but I have more doubts about Blackbolt, is he a 5?

Ps: I am very excited about Blackbolt addition.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    It's once again time to get hyped that they'll finally create a web tile duo web generating colours don't heavily overlap within the same tier of play.

Imagine how fun Miles and Gwen could have been if they formed a rainbow team? Instead we have minor uses for each character and neither one shines or impacts the games meta in the least.
  • Ulizeus
    patrice789 wrote:
    Ulizeus wrote:

Spider-Woman has just as much about to do w/ Spider-man as America Chavez has to do w/ Captain America. Despite a common name, they basically share really nothing else.

"Spider-Woman was born Jessica Miriam Drew, daughter of Jonathan Drew and Merriam Drew, in London, England. At a young age, her family moves to a lab built by her father and Herbert Wyndham near Mount Wundagore in Transia, where she becomes gravely ill from months of uranium exposure. To save her life, her father injects her with an experimental serum based on irradiated spiders' blood."

"Origin does away with the spider-blood serum and genetic accelerator elements of the character's previous origin story.[volume & issue needed] Instead, Jessica's powers derive from her mother's womb being hit by a laser beam containing the DNA traits of several different species of spiders while she was carrying Jessica"

Dunno if she will have any web ability, but saying that they only share the name is not right.

If also remember that in the tv cartoon he had some kind of web so and she was able to climb walls so.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Ulizeus wrote:
    Dunno about more spiders,

still waiting for a cosmic spider

No wonder the devs don't listen to us
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I like all three of these additions!

I've hoped they would add Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman for a while over other Spider-Folk, Wasp is a character with a long history that makes a nice addition, and Black Bolt is important enough to be a 5* if they wanted to go that route.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Great... 3000 HP and 1 080 000 ISO to get... with 20 000 ISO per day, thats 53 days... during this time they will add another 2 covers (at least), so expected time to max out all my covers is... how much? 20 years?

Seriously, whats the point of releasing dozens of covers when:
    - There is not enough ISO to upgrade them all
    - 5* are more powerful and even cheaper considering the HP:DMG:ISO ratio
    - Many PvEs have their character list strictly limited

Please, give us some more ISO, ideally with something that will use 100+ covers we dont use...
    I suggested some offline quest/adventure/missions system where we will send covers, and they will return back - it cant be so hard to implement and i promise if this will be done right, it will be a great potential how make players to pay, and those who cant/dont want to, will enjoy the game more.

Otherwise i dont really know why someone should pay 400 bucks just to max out one Hero knowing another one will come next 3-4 weeks...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, Wasp and Spider-Woman?

I guess I need to update my wishlist; any suggestions?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Wasp sounds like she will be a more useful version of Psylocke. Which is cool.

Excited we're finally getting Black Bolt.

Also excited about Spider-Woman, but sad to see we're getting the terrible "cool mom"/bike messenger look.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    THREE OF MY MOST REQUESTED CHARACTERS!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you.

:+D
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Josh Austin: A lot of 'Marvel Puzzle Quest' fans have been asking for Wasp and Janet Van Dyne is definitely a fan favorite that has been appearing in our top requested characters list! Ever since Ant-Man went into the game and the popularity of him grew with the movie last year, the team has been very interested in adding another super shrinking character and it can’t get much better than Wasp.[/b]"

That's awesome, but now we need Hank Pym and Hope. We got Ant-Man, and now we have the Wasp, but we still don't have "Ant-Man & The Wasp" because those two don't go together. It's like having Leonard Nimoy's Spock, and gaining Chris Pine's Kirk. They're both awesome, but we still have two halves of awesome teams instead of a single whole team.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,323 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Josh Austin: A lot of 'Marvel Puzzle Quest' fans have been asking for Wasp and Janet Van Dyne is definitely a fan favorite that has been appearing in our top requested characters list! Ever since Ant-Man went into the game and the popularity of him grew with the movie last year, the team has been very interested in adding another super shrinking character and it can’t get much better than Wasp.[/b]"

That's awesome, but now we need Hank Pym and Hope. We got Ant-Man, and now we have the Wasp, but we still don't have "Ant-Man & The Wasp" because those two don't go together. It's like having Leonard Nimoy's Spock, and gaining Chris Pine's Kirk. They're both awesome, but we still have two halves of awesome teams instead of a single whole team.

I'm kind of hoping we get a non-Ant-man Hank Pym.
  • JHawkInc
    Pylgrim wrote:

I kinda wanted an "Ant-Man & The Wasp" combo character (like Rocket & Groot) for Hank and Janet, but since we're getting Janet on her own, I definitely agree that Hank should go the non-Ant-Man route.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:

Agreed, they go even call him Giant Man/Goliath if they wanted, and focus on him growing bigger than normal as opposed to shrinking to make them play differently and give them a different vibe.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Wasp looks great and I'm glad they are using the Janet version (thankfully not the Hank Pym version I guess lol). Power set looks like she will fill a role similar to Modern Black Widow in the 4-star tier with a Miles-like twist. Stuns and AP steals yes please. Her strike/protect tile is interesting, but it's a shame it's on yellow. If it were another colour, her and Craptain would make a great team.

As much as I enjoy Spider-Man and his Spider-people friends, they are getting really pretty tiring. And Silk will probably be coming soon as well. Why not add some more Spider villains instead? Even a good variation (read: classic) of Doc Ock would be nice.
  • Ulizeus
    Wasp looks great and I'm glad they are using the Janet version (thankfully not the Hank Pym version I guess lol). Power set looks like she will fill a role similar to Modern Black Widow in the 4-star tier with a Miles-like twist. Stuns and AP steals yes please. Her strike/protect tile is interesting, but it's a shame it's on yellow. If it were another colour, her and Craptain would make a great team.

As much as I enjoy Spider-Man and his Spider-people friends, they are getting really pretty tiring. And Silk will probably be coming soon as well. Why not add some more Spider villains instead? Even a good variation (read: classic) of Doc Ock would be nice.

I would prefer kraven, chamaleon, elektro, kaine (that sadlly is another versión of spidey hahahaha), the lizard, mysterio, sandman, hydroman, blood mary, black cat, silver sable (yummy, dunno if she still exists), etc.
  • JHawkInc
    As much as I enjoy Spider-Man and his Spider-people friends, they are getting really pretty tiring.

People keep saying this, but she's more of a Shield character than a Spider character. Like, outside of the "Spider-Verse" arc and a few team-ups while they were both Avengers, she and Spidey have virtually never had anything to do with each other.

People who see Spider-Woman and go "ugh, another Spider-person" might as well say "ugh, Black Bolt, another character with super powers." It's nonsense.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc wrote:
    As much as I enjoy Spider-Man and his Spider-people friends, they are getting really pretty tiring.

People keep saying this, but she's more of a Shield character than a Spider character. Like, outside of the "Spider-Verse" arc and a few team-ups while they were both Avengers, she and Spidey have virtually never had anything to do with each other.

People who see Spider-Woman and go "ugh, another Spider-person" might as well say "ugh, Black Bolt, another character with super powers." It's nonsense.
    I'm not talking storyline-wise obviously. I mean they are all superheroes with spider powers. Surely you see the difference.