SDCC 2016: Wasp, Black Bolt & Spider-Woman For MPQ

2»

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I couldn't give a flying phantom flan flinger about Wasp or Spider Woman.
    I'm pumped for Blackbolt ONLY.
    #nuffsaid
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I don't know all these characters icon_e_confused.gif
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Blackagar Boltagon!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    As much as I enjoy Spider-Man and his Spider-people friends, they are getting really pretty tiring.

People keep saying this, but she's more of a Shield character than a Spider character. Like, outside of the "Spider-Verse" arc and a few team-ups while they were both Avengers, she and Spidey have virtually never had anything to do with each other.

People who see Spider-Woman and go "ugh, another Spider-person" might as well say "ugh, Black Bolt, another character with super powers." It's nonsense.

Wait - female character, "arachnid" themed name, has been in the Avengers... she's just a Black Widow clone/variant!
    Oh, but her costume prominently features the colour red... she's just a Scarlet Witch variant!
    She's wearing glasses... she's just a Blade variant!
    This is just too many variants... she's just a Wolverine variant!
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Very happy for BB icon_exclaim.gif
  • For anyone doubting that Black Bolt should be a 5*, go read World War Hulk. Excellent news that he's coming regardless of rarity.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    For anyone doubting that Black Bolt should be a 5*, go read World War Hulk. Excellent news that he's coming regardless of rarity.

Not confirmed of course, but pretty darn sure he's a 5*.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    JHawkInc wrote:
    As much as I enjoy Spider-Man and his Spider-people friends, they are getting really pretty tiring.

People keep saying this, but she's more of a Shield character than a Spider character. Like, outside of the "Spider-Verse" arc and a few team-ups while they were both Avengers, she and Spidey have virtually never had anything to do with each other.

People who see Spider-Woman and go "ugh, another Spider-person" might as well say "ugh, Black Bolt, another character with super powers." It's nonsense.
    I'm not talking storyline-wise obviously. I mean they are all superheroes with spider powers. Surely you see the difference.

She's not another super hero with spider powers though, not in the way that most people are probably thinking.

Despite getting her powers from spider blood and being named spider woman she has very little affiliation with spider man and as for powers. .. she had no webs, she flies instead, she can shoot venom blasts, and she can mind control men with seductive pheremones.

Hey remember that time spider man flew through new York and then beat the bad guys by seducing them and blasting them with venom? No?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    It would be funny if we had gotten the Milo Manara variant for her cover, but that would open quite a can of worms.
    latest?cb=20141121134814
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,143 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead, have a Boss Doc Ock as the big bad (with a boss Green Goblin or the Demogoblin as alts), and 5 of the following serving as 'mini-bosses' on the essential nodes, in rotation: Chameleon, Vulture, Tinkerer, Sandman, Lizard, Electro, Mysterio, Kraven, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Rhino, Shocker, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Boomerang, or Jack o'Lantern.

Each would appear on a node with a pair of maggia goons.

I can already see the Dev's thinking: Hey, he's asking for the Rhino with a pair of Maggia goons. Clearly he means 2 Muscles with the Rhino (a Juggs with a 3rd power) icon_twisted.gif

KGB
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Berserk Al wrote:
    It would be funny if we had gotten the Milo Manara variant for her cover, but that would open quite a can of worms.
    latest?cb=20141121134814

Daaaayyyyymmmmmmnnnnnn
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Mawtful wrote:
    Wait - female character, "arachnid" themed name, has been in the Avengers... she's just a Black Widow clone/variant!
    Actually not that far off considering that Spider-Woman is far closer to being like Black Widow then she would be to Spider-Man.