Where are the Lightning Rounds???

richterbelmont10
richterbelmont10 Posts: 186
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't seen a Lightning Round in a couple days now. I've checked at various times. Is this normal?

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    They only run from Tuesday through Thursday. In my time zone (US Eastern) they go from 1PM Tuesday to 11 AM Thursday every 2 hours.
  • HaywireII wrote:
    They only run from Tuesday through Thursday. In my time zone (US Eastern) they go from 1PM Tuesday to 11 AM Thursday every 2 hours.
    Thanks, I had no idea. I wish they would appear more often...
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    HaywireII wrote:

lol - wishing for weekend lightening rounds - there's a queue going back 2 years of people wishing for that
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:

We all do. If you see somebody who says they don't want 24/7 Lightning Rounds don't take your eyes off them, don't turn your back to them and call the FBI, the CIA, the President, a Priest, a Rabbi and an ambulance because something is very wrong. icon_e_confused.gif

EDIT: Might need John Cena too now that I think of it.
  • Was there a reason they only run from Tuesday through Thursday? It seems kind of random.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was there a reason they only run from Tuesday through Thursday? It seems kind of random.

I assume that most people play on the weekends, and that tues-thurs corresponds to the lightest period of play during the week. Ultimately, I think this is just an attempt to shift the server load to a less busy timeframe
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    When Elektra was introduced they did special lightning rounds for a week or so. I think it was one round every ten hours for a week...
  • Quebbster
    When Elektra was introduced they did special lightning rounds for a week or so. I think it was one round every ten hours for a week...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    They can keep those.
    I want the original anniversary LRs back, 20 people brackets every two hours for two days straight, with tokens and double ISO.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

I think this was for thoress, but I was on vacation for elektra's debut event
  • Quebbster
    Phumade wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I think this was for thoress, but I was on vacation for elektra's debut event
    No, Thor had special lightning rounds during the first anniversary. The Elektra lightning rounds came and went in late December 2014.
  • Quebbster
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    They can keep those.
    I want the original anniversary LRs back, 20 people brackets every two hours for two days straight, with tokens and double ISO.
    Yeah, those were really too good for this world...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:

We all do. If you see somebody who says they don't want 24/7 Lightning Rounds don't take your eyes off them, don't turn your back to them and call the FBI, the CIA, the President, a Priest, a Rabbi and an ambulance because something is very wrong. icon_e_confused.gif

I ran a poll awhile back - 15% didn't want them!

https://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... =7&t=39632
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

I ran a poll awhile back - 15% didn't want them!

https://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... =7&t=39632

And I still stand by no in that thread, with explanation: https://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 32#p483525
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Asked and answered
This discussion has been closed.