BOSS Battles are the Bomb!!!

Kevmcg
Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Thank you to D3 for adding a Boss Battle again into the PVE/Story Mode rotation. On behalf of the BattleCats, we have a great time with these types of events. We have 5 alliances - all with their own strengths and play styles. There is nothing more fun than our own internal battles with our sister alliances to see who can complete first. Our first alliance just completed 20 minutes ago with the next alliance close behind. While there are always things to improve like having more recent characters as the 4 star reward & removing critical boosts, these events are great and we hope they can be added more frequently.

Looking forward to another Galactus, Civil War, or Doctor Strange related Boss Battle in the near future. Thanks Again.

Comments

• Wet pig
    Wet pig Posts: 2
    Had a good time with the avengers Vs ultron .looking forward to the next one I think the 70 iso an critical boost can be replaced with better rewards .
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Vamanos Pest will clear round 6 sometime tonight, and we're playing down a couple people. (We've had one in the hospital for a month or so and another at SDCC.) We've cleared round 7 on all the boss events I've been part of (at least since the Captain Marvel run of Ultron), but never round 8.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    As being a member of the battle cat family. I'm happy to say battlecats 2nd alliance was close with about 1m7 million left and 3rd alliance was about 6 million left on round 8. It's been fun having smack talk via chat and bragging rights.

The critical boost and the lack of decent 4* covers are not to exciting. Yes I could use 2/3 px covers but I would of rather had other covers like a newer 4* or even say how like civil war was done with a 5* at the end. Could of been a black banner cover or a mystical yellow oml or any other 5* for that matter.

But please d3 change it up and run these types of events every month in place of a heroic that doesn't let us peasants have a 3/4 locked roster but is only good for the whales in the game.

But great job battle cats. Glad we have each other to rely on for advice and help
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    BattleCats PVP just finished Ultron 2 hrs after our sister alliance. Really love these alliance based events. We need to have more of these events. They are a great alliance building event especially when you have multiple alliance in your family. Great job guys.

The Rockett
    BattleCats PVP
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    No mention of them letting Ultron move the board, from now on?

: side eyes :
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    +1 from me. Just from a gameplay perspective, boss battles provide a refreshing change of pace. I'd be thrilled to have them more often in place of Heroics...or The Hunt...or Venom Bomb...or most of the other Story events we've played 100,000 times now.

Moderator edit: interpersonal snarkiness removed. Please refrain from attacking your fellow posters.

A number of people on the forum have been spoiling perfectly good posts with a single attack against another poster at the end. Let's all please stop doing that. -DayvBang
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oceans 20 will finish although possibly not tonight (a little over 2,000,000 to go in round 8). Had a ton of fun with this event and have enjoyed all the boss events I've been around for.

Don't have a point of reference for the old style of Ultron since this was my first run but with no useable 4*s or 5*s I was still able to make inroads against Ultron even in round 8 with my 3*s which was a nice change from Civil War where I was pretty much just chipping in tiny damage in the later rounds. Some of that might be because I have a few more 3*s champed now and some of it is probably because Ultron just doesn't pack the same punch as the Cap and IM bosses but it was nice to actually feel like I was contributing.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    No, guys, come on, don't say you like it or they'll nerf it until you don't anymore. Learn to complain more, jeez.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    No, guys, come on, don't say you like it or they'll nerf it until you don't anymore. Learn to complain more, jeez.

I just had an enjoyable time with this. Not going to complain when kudos are deserved.

I'm just pissed we finished second!!
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I wish all new character releases would be boss events like this. Progression rewards FTW!
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    ZeroKarma wrote:

I just had an enjoyable time with this. Not going to complain when kudos are deserved.

I'm just pissed we finished second!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I had fun this event, didn't matter if we finished second, it didn't really feel like a grind and it was a pretty awesome event
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed it as well. I made it to 25 cp pretty easily, and I think my team is on track to hitting the last prof x. It was good. It's good to do these events more regularly.

I like boss battles, because it's a nice change-up. And I appreciate the pretty regular flow of cp during the event.. keeps me coming back after I hit the top progression reward!