Sentry Scaling

Quick Fire
Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Why are all boss sub node scaling on a timer? It doesn't make sense. Nothing else in the game works this way.

Stronger and more active alliances aren't gonna be slowed down by this. They will have cleared most of the rounds in the first 24/36 hours anyway. This really hurts the alliances that are already struggling to get past the fifth round in the first day. "You can't even beat round five? Take this!"

I'm not against scaling and I wasn't surprised by it at all. I just don't understand why it's so different in boss events? Why can't it just scale evenly by round? Isn't that more logical?

Comments

• CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Yes.

But don't expect anything these guys do to be logical.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    They do it to make sure that only a small percentage of players get the final rewards.

Yes the hardcore alliances aren't slowed down one bit. But medium to lesser get stopped in their tracks.

My alliance always gets to round 5 or 6 then a couple of us max progress and we stall because the rest of our alliance can't clear the nodes or do much damage to 350 bosses.
  • Quick Fire
    chaos01 wrote:
    They do it to make sure that only a small percentage of players get the final rewards.

Yes the hardcore alliances aren't slowed down one bit. But medium to lesser get stopped in their tracks.

My alliance always gets to round 5 or 6 then a couple of us max progress and we stall because the rest of our alliance can't clear the nodes or do much damage to 350 bosses.

My alliance is the same way. I'm ok with that. Most of us know each other in real life and play casually.

I get the limiting the rewards to a small percentage. But I still don't understand why the difficulty can't be scaled naturally instead of on a 24 hour timer. If it scales naturally, then at some point alliances like mine will hit the wall anyway. The way it works now, my guys play hard for one day then almost everyone drops out for the last three days except us progression junkies. And I sit here hoping my alliance doesn't find something better to do over that time and comes back on Monday.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I feel the same way. I don't care that I'm not completing round 7-8. I like my **** alliance because I know the people.

I have merc'ed a couple times and always felt dirty doing it because I was abandoning my peeps.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    ***devs you gotta check out this post. your boss scaling doesn't make any sense.***

kthxbai
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I agree the node scaling is bonkers, but at least ultron drones generally hurt less than other overscaled characters because they don't have active high damage skills. That makes it bearable, at least.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    And here I though this thread was going to be about The Sentry. And then I thought "who even uses him anymore?"
  • Quick Fire
    Orion wrote:
    And here I though this thread was going to be about The Sentry. And then I thought "who even uses him anymore?"

Lol I didn't even think about him when I titled the topic. But I use him...roughly once every forty days....mmmmm tacos. Also when he's essential of course.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:

Even limiting rewards doesn't provide a sufficiently valid reason for them to scale by time, just do it per round instead or maybe since the nodes have **** rewards anyway leave them as fairly trivial throughout and have the boss fight be the thing that limits progress.