Ahhh the joy of starting over!

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I forgot how much I love building a roster. And with past experience not wasting iso on worthless covers. The part that slays me though is how many and how fast 4* covers fall to a new roster. In three months of starting over I have an easy 4doz or more dropped on me. Yes they have been spread out but several I have able cover, those that I have kept, that is. It's obvious the newbie roster gets smeared with high level covers to encourage spending. At one point and even now I hadmore/have more 4* than 2* because they dropped that fast.

This time around I do not plan on spending money. And why should i? Most of the 4* come from Heroic tokens that I have earned. Or PVE placements. Just in the first two rounds of Ultron I netted redflag.png rulk and purpleflag.png antman both needed. My point to all this is I struggle to get 3*. It's almost as if the structure for building a new roster is no longer 2* 3* 4* progression. It's almost as if the drops are encouraging skipping levels. If I were willing to spend large I trully believe I could bypass 3* land altogether. I am curious if there are any new rosters seeing this or I am just lucky in my first three months if returning to the game? I know in 2 plus years I never had 5 hulk busters dropped into my lap in three months.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joined when 3* was the meta and had the same problem until I joined an alliance, then 3* covers rained on me.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    post your roster marine. I'm interested to see the development. I'd love to do that but I'm too heavily invested in my main to start over and don't have extra time to start an alt.
  • Marine8394
    I joined when 3* was the meta and had the same problem until I joined an alliance, then 3* covers rained on me.

I have been in an alliance since my return, which is why I find this pattern peculiar. Though I am happy to report 2cap is still bringing on the happy flood of daily Hastings icon_evil.gif I average four a day icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Marine8394
    TxMoose wrote:
    post your roster marine. I'm interested to see the development. I'd love to do that but I'm too heavily invested in my main to start over and don't have extra time to start an alt.

See what I can do, but me mastering anything like that may bring the end of civilization as we know it. icon_lol.gif
  • Marine8394
    At one point I had.
    4 1* 4 2* and the following 4*
    Winter soldier. Placement on intro event.
    Rulk.
    Hulk buster.
    Iceman.
    Electra. You know how fast she was gone.
    Nick Fury.
    Antman.
    Thing.
    Prof X.
    Carnage.
    4Thor.
    X23.
    Deadpool.
    4cap.
    This was in just over a month and a half of playing. Not the old grindy me either. Casual, when I could play. My new job does not allow phones in for security reasons.
    Antman, HB, Rulk, X23, 4thor, and Nick are multi covered. After thinking on this I figure in three month span I have close to 40 4* covers earned by mostly token, randomness?,. Others I just did not keep because I just used them as iso, and those were the newest additions in the last two months.
    As for what I once had as a roster. I miss it sometimes, but sincerely believe I would NOT have had this cascade of fours if I still had that old roster. No way would I have been able to max, and finally champ HB. I had him from introduction and he mellowed at four covers Forever! Now. In three months five covers! Not complaining. At all. Just find this particular. icon_question.gif