Iso-8 Sweepstakes - Enter Now!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ_Iso8_Sweeps_July_2016.JPG

Hey there, Marvel Puzzle Quest'ers!

San Diego Comic-Con is upon us, and in celebration of the event - we're offering our first Iso-8 Sweepstakes! We heard your requests that you'd like to see a sweepstakes with an Iso reward (instead of Hero Points) - so we hope you enter today for a chance to win 100k Crystals! We've also increased the number of winners from 3 to 5.

HEAD HERE to enter and read up on details.

Sweepstakes ends 11:59 PM PDT July 24, 2016.

Comments

• Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Could we perhaps see list somewhere of previous winners? Not to be sketchy at all, but i havent heard any familiar winning that prize
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this is what I take from this contest:

(1) Demi is acknowledging that iso is now the scarcest resource in the game for vets; and

(2) Demi thinks 100,000 iso is greater than or equal to 20,000 HP (the prize last year), unless they are intentionally offering a lesser prize.

How can demi recognize that players are very agitated about iso, but still fail to realize that they overvalue iso by an order of magnitude? 100,000 is not a particularly captivating prize for 4* and 5* players

1 iso is just not worth what they think it is worth.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    5 winners, lol. Are you guys running low on iso8.png? This is like couch-cushion iso8.png from Demiurge's office. Thanks...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    OOoooooh, I get so excited just thinking about what I could do with all that iso!

I could take 4thor from lvl 170 all the way up to 215!!!! Watch out OML, I'm coming for you!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, with that much ISO, you could almost level a 4* a quarter of the way to max...

icon_rolleyes.gif

Seriously, are you even aware of the economics of your own game?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    could nearly champ a 3 from 120. but not quite. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    (2) Demi thinks 100,000 iso is greater than or equal to 20,000 HP (the prize last year), unless they are intentionally offering a lesser prize.

*Refers to store rates*

100K iso is the greater prize.

According to the store.

Man, the responses in this thread.

100K iso is only 4-5 days worth. So?

How else can you get 100K iso by simply surrendering some personal info, then sitting back and waiting?

You guys ... yeesh. icon_lol.gif

I hope that was sarcasm aesth. I can't conceive that you don't understand the ridiculousness of demi's valuation on iso. It's surrealism on a salvador dali scale.

And it's getting very very irritating that they keep throwing us tiny iso scraps and patting themselves on the back for 'hearing' our complaints.

Demiurge: You are clearly not hearing our complaints. You need to completely reconceive of iso rewards for 4* and 5* players. A few extra thousand iso here and there means nothing at those levels. even a one-time 100k iso prize is more or less meaningless when the game is adding ~700-900k worth of new characters every month.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make it 10,000 ISO-8 + (1000 ISO-8 * day you are on in the daily rewards) and watch those frowns turn upside down! Scales to likely need level well and even a first week player would likely be pleased to see a one-time, rare 15k ISO-8 reward.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I win, can I choose the 20,000 HP instead? I'd rather have the HP for roster slots and to empty out special vaults, when they show up, than take 100,000 ISO. Maybe you guys left off a 0 by accident?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    If I win, can I choose the 20,000 HP instead? I'd rather have the HP for roster slots and to empty out special vaults, when they show up, than take 100,000 ISO. Maybe you guys left off a 0 by accident?

Actually, I'd like that HP, too. 100k Iso is nice and all but it'll be gone the moment it hits my bank. 20k HP will keep me sorted for a frickin' year.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punatulkku wrote:
    Could we perhaps see list somewhere of previous winners?
    Whitman, Price and Haddad...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never won before, but I'm excited to try again. Every little bit helps. I had thought that I couldn't champion my kingpin, because the 13 days ran out before I hit 360,000 ISO, but then I just won another one, so I get a reprieve. I only need to gain 95,000 ISO in the next 13 days now. I think I can do it!

Then I just will need around 3,300,000 more ISO to champion the rest of my 13-cover non-champ'd 4*s, plus another few million to level up my lv 255 5*s. I'm getting there! Thanks, d3!