XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
New episode!
** Special guest: NobleBrownCoat!
* Ultron Returns!
* 105 Patch
* New Mission difficulty
* And, this week featured character : CARNAGE!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e48.html

Comments

• JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --The smart money for the new character clue is the it will be The Wasp. I came up with several alternatives but Wasp is most likely. One I didn't come up with was Namor but that's an amazing idea. I doubt it'll happen, though, since he's been handled by the X-office in recent years.
    --I love the ability to look at power levels now to see what they can be if raised or lowered. Thank you, D3.
    --I like scrolling though the roster but wish we could do that in the training screen, too. For that matter, why do we even have a separate roster screen? The training screen gives up the same information.
    --Nuts to Venom. I'm glad he's nerf'd.
    --I didn't do a lot in Meet Rocket & Groot but liked the new difficulty and reward structure so far.
    --I support the idea of eliminating placement rewards for PVE. I like the progression rewards, even though I don't always work hard at them.
    --I voted Silk in the poll but would have also voted Medusa had I realized you could vote for more than one. Silk and Medusa are both amazing characters. America Chavez is NOT a female Captain America; she's been in comics that I've read but I haven't found her very interesting. I like the idea of Riri Williams but am not a fan of Bendis so won't be reading the comics she is in.
    --My Carnage is only 4/0/3, level 100. I only use him when required which usually means Crash of the Titans. I was able to beat the recent one that required Carnage and he was only 4/0/2 at the time. My last Legendary Token was that seventh Carnage cover.
    --My dying on the vine is star.pngstar.png Captain Marvel. She's already fully covered and I have 11 covers in reserve. (Did you see my video where I opened an entire Taco Vault?) I'm about 10,000 iso8.png short of Championing her as I write this. It'll happen soon.
    --I approve of spending 20CP on a power if it directly leads to obtaining a Latest Legend token. I've done it (once).
    --I like the Vision but keep having better things to spend my ISO on. One day...
    --I think three covers on a character I wouldn't otherwise Champion is the point where I break down and put the ISO into them. I did that last week with Daredevil. Well, DD had five covers but three probably would have done.
    --Thank you once again for the information and entertainment. icon_e_smile.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    --I like the Vision but keep having better things to spend my ISO on. One day...
    --I think three covers on a character I wouldn't otherwise Champion is the point where I break down and put the ISO into them. I did that last week with Daredevil. Well, DD had five covers but three probably would have done.

So now I have two Vision covers I have to decide what to do with but have plenty of time to save up ISO. I might sell off one or two ** Champions (I'm looking at you, Hawkeye and Wolverine) if I become ISO-desperate.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I have four 3*s left to champ (squirrel girl, rags, psylocke, and sentry oh joy). At the introduction of the championing system, I was just starting the 4* transition. I had a handful of maxed 3*s and luckily all but severely undercovered 4*s released until that date. I would only champ someone if I had obtained their 14th cover. Colossus was one of my first maxed 3* (I know he isn't that good) but I didn't champ him until months later after I got an extra cover. Then after the buff to ironman 40, I rostered him and relatively quickly covered him. He was sitting at level 40 for a while even though my alliance told me to champ him immediately. Instead I waited until I got the extra cover. And now after championing five 4*s, I have to say that 120k iso to champ a 3* is easy and practical (for my play style).

I guess what I'm trying to say is all I need is that one extra cover. That one cover that gets me an LT is worth 120k iso.
  • JeffCascadian
    I was surprised to discover that I don't have Vision fully covered. He's 5/5/2 and neither of the covers I had for him were yellow. So much for THAT plan.
  • JeffCascadian
    I guess what I'm trying to say is all I need is that one extra cover. That one cover that gets me an LT is worth 120k iso.

I usually wait for the 14th cover, too. I Champion'd Beast yesterday because I know I'll have a cover for him tomorrow.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

I usually wait for the 14th cover, too. I Champion'd Beast yesterday because I know I'll have a cover for him tomorrow.
    I have a 14th cover of venom comming up in my daily rewards and 250 CP. I have to decide if I want to try and get the 365k ISO to champion Venom or wait till I have over 100k ISO to pull my LT and see who to champ from there. I have 12 4* championed so far and many with 13 covers already. Decisions decesions!!

Also anyone know when episode 49 will be popping in?
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:

I have a 14th cover of venom comming up in my daily rewards and 250 CP. I have to decide if I want to try and get the 365k ISO to champion Venom or wait till I have over 100k ISO to pull my LT and see who to champ from there. I have 12 4* championed so far and many with 13 covers already. Decisions decesions!!

Also anyone know when episode 49 will be popping in?

They recorded last night; I've been trying to refresh my podcast feed on and of all afternoon.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

Without knowing more, I would say that venom as your 13th 4* champ would be a pretty low priority. It's not a bad thing per se if you are rolling in iso. But he's not great, and you probably have someone better at 10-12 covers. Patience may be the best option.