**** Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) wasp_icon.png
5 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 12211 Tile Damage: 85/12/74/13/11/65/4.0x
    Tactical Intuition- 8 yellowtile.png AP
    A good field tactician can anticipate the needs of battle and adjust the plan accordingly. Converts all friendly Strike Tiles to Protect tiles and vice versa, strengthening them by 32.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Improves tiles by strengthening them to 43. Level 3: Improves tiles by strengthening them to 56. Level 4: Improves tiles by strengthening them to 80. Level 5: Improves tiles by strengthening them to 129.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Improves tiles by strengthening them to 110 Level 4: Improves tiles by strengthening them to 157. Level 5: Improves tiles by strengthening them to 254.

That Buzzing Sound - 0 bluetile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Wasp shrinks down and flies around the battlefield, distracting opponents and gaining a tactical advantage! At the start of your turn, if you have at least 10 blue AP, creates random 1-turn Countdown tile that steals 1 AP of its color If an enemy matches this tile, wasp stings the target for 185, damage.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 278 damage if matched. Level 3: Countdown tile Steals 2 AP or if matched by enemy deals 278 damage. Level 4: Countdown tile steals 2 AP or if matched by enemy deals 463 damage. Level 5: Requires 9 Blue AP instead of 10 AP, steals 2 AP or if matched by enemy deals 694 damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: If your team has 10 Blue AP, creates a random 1-turn Countdown tile that steals 2 AP of it’s color or if matched away wasp stings the target for 542 damage. Level 4: Same as above but deals 903 damage if Countdown tile is matched by enemy. Level 5: Requires 9 Blue AP instead of 10 AP, steals 2 AP or if matched by enemy deals 1354 damage.

Wasp Sting - 7 blacktile.png AP
    Wasp channels her bioelectric current into a painful sting. Deals 463 damage and creates a strength 37 Red Strike tile. If the team has at least 8 Blue AP, she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 1 turn.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 752 damage, creates a strength 37 Red Strike Tile and if team has 8 Blue AP she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 1 turn. Level 3: Deals 752 damage, creates a strength 84 Red Strike Tile and if team has 8 Blue AP she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 1 turn. Level 4: Deals 1228 damage, creates a strength 84 Red Strike Tile and if team has 8 Blue AP she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 2 turns. Level 5: Deals 1996 damage, creates a strength 148 Red Strike Tile and if team has 7 Blue AP she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 2 turns.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 1465 damage, creates a strength 164 Red Strike Tile and if team has 8 Blue AP she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 1 turns. Level 4: Deals 2509 damage, creates a strength 164 Red Strike Tile and if team has 8 Blue AP she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 2 turns. Level 5: Deals 3899 damage, creates a strength 288 Red Strike Tile and if team has 7 Blue AP she drains 3 of it to stun the target for 2 turns.

Comments

• dokiy
      dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
      Oh yay a new and another 4 star hooray I'm so excited. icon_rolleyes.gif
    • Blahahah
      Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
      More AP denial.
      Looks like they're trying to slow down the game a bit.
    • KGB
      KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited July 2016
      That Blue power is a unique one.

Depending on it's mechanics (is this threshold for every color type or only some color types, Can you get more than 1 drain per color) it would be devastating against Goons who can't ever match away the tile and would be perpetually drained of AP.

Ie: Is it 'If team has more than X AP in any color create this special tile in that color'. So if threshold is 12, does that mean if you have more than 12 Red you'd create a Red special tile. Then if you had more than 12 Black you'd create a 2nd tile in Black and so on. Presumably it would be like the Hood where 1 cover works on 1 color and each successive cover adds another color type you could steal.

KGB
    • TxMoose
      TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
      yellow converts friendly special to...what? if it fortifies, that would be something. cheap abilities.
    • ejmus
      ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
      looks fast at least.
    • fmftint
      fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
      TxMoose wrote:
      yellow converts friendly special to...what? if it fortifies, that would be something. cheap abilities.
      Flips them attack>protect and vice versa
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      TxMoose wrote:

It's the same as Loki's Trickery, but converts friendly instead of enemy tiles.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      This character is definitely going to be some kind of pest to deal with.
    • Marc_Spector
      Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
      edited July 2016
      This character is definitely going to be some kind of pest to deal with.
      Cockroach Hamilton confirmed!!! icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gifFINALLY!!!

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/cockroach-hamilton/4005-35948/

Dontrell_Hamilton_%28Earth-616%29.jpg
        Cockroach Conversion - 8 yellowtile.png AP
        Cockroach Hamilton sends out his resilient army of cockroaches to wreak havoc on the battlefield. Converts 2 friendly strike tiles to protect tiles (or vice versa), buffing them by 26 in the process.
          Level 2: Swaps 2 friendly strike or protect tiles, buffing them by 43. Level 3: Swaps 2 friendly strike or protect tiles, buffing them by 55. Level 4: Swaps 3 friendly strike or protect tiles, buffing them by 55. Level 5: Swaps 3 friendly strike or protect tiles, buffing them by 85.
        Max Level
          Level 3: Swaps 2 friendly strike or protect tiles, buffing them by 109. Level 4: Swaps 3 friendly strike or protect tiles, buffing them by 109. Level 5: Swaps 3 friendly strike or protect tiles, buffing them by 171.
          Cockroach Crimewave - 0 bluetile.png AP (PASSIVE)
          Cockroach Hamilton sends his most larcenous cockroaches out on a stealing spree! If Cockroach Hamilton's team has at least 8 AP in any color, a friendly countdown tile is created on each respective color which steals 1 AP in each color from the enemy team. If Cockroach Hamilton's team matches one of these countdowns, it damages the enemy team for 245.
            Level 2: Each countdown steals 1 AP in same color, and damages the enemy team for 372. Level 3: Each countdown steals 2 AP in same color, and damages the enemy team for 372. Level 4: Each countdown steals 2 AP in same color, and damages the enemy team for 438. Level 5: Each countdown steals 3 AP in same color, and damages the enemy team for 438.
          Max Level
            Level 3: Each countdown steals 2 AP in same color, and damages the enemy team for 716. Level 4: Each countdown steals 2 AP in same color, and damages the enemy team for 912. Level 5: Each countdown steals 3 AP in same color, and damages the enemy team for 912.
            Cockroaches! Cockroaches! Cockroaches! - 7 blacktile.png AP
            Cockroach Hamilton sends a wave of cockroaches to bite his target for 572 damage. If possessing more than 9 blue, the enemy is also stunned at the sheer incredulity of being taken-down by Cockroach Hamilton.
              Level 2: Damages enemy for 725. Level 3: Damages enemy for 914 and lowers stun threshold to 8 blue. Level 4: Damages enemy for 1104. Level 5: Damages enemy for 1478 and lowers stun threshold to 7 blue.
            Max Level
              Level 3: Damages enemy for 2105 and lowers stun threshold to 8 blue. Level 4: Damages enemy for 2609. Level 5: Damages enemy for 3212 and lowers stun threshold to 7 blue.
          • TxMoose
            TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
            I'm not sure I see the benefit of flipping my own tiles tiles unless i can maybe get thing's passive out and then flip them. i don't want to flip most tiles i put out there like hb strikes or nova or GR or antman. maybe it'd be nice to flip falcap protects. guess I'm not seeing a large benefit of the function or a strategy in which it becomes valuable.

edit: maybe the value is in the strengthening once we see the numbers.
          • Nellobee
            Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
            Kid Loki, I hope?
          • ZeiramMR
            ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
            This may just be the text being used to disguise powers for the precis, but "it's" should be "its" with no apostrophe.
          • Jam_Adams
            Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
            I have no idea. maybe it's Nightcrawler? probably not since he's an X-man
          • donietsche
            donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
            TxMoose wrote:
            I'm not sure I see the benefit of flipping my own tiles tiles unless i can maybe get thing's passive out and then flip them. i don't want to flip most tiles i put out there like hb strikes or nova or GR or antman. maybe it'd be nice to flip falcap protects. guess I'm not seeing a large benefit of the function or a strategy in which it becomes valuable.

For starters, you can pair this character with capfalcon.
          • Vhailorx
            Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
            That passive looks very interesting on first read. And two other relatively fast powers. A potentially interesting character.
          • GrumpySmurf1002
            donietsche wrote:
            TxMoose wrote:

For starters, you can pair this character with capfalcon.

Except the yellow overlap negates its usefulness a bit.
          • GuntherBlobel
            GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
            edited July 2016
            TxMoose wrote:

I could definitely see the advantage of using it with OML. Using his strikes to give protection long enough for him to heal up sounds very useful to me.

I want to say the same for Patch, but probably not, unless you've got the AP to switch back quickly.
          • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
            David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
            ZeiramMR wrote:
            This may just be the text being used to disguise powers for the precis, but "it's" should be "its" with no apostrophe.

Cthulhu cares not for punctuation niceties such as this! (But I fixed it anyway.) Thanks.
          • Vhailorx
            "David wrote:
            Moore"]
            ZeiramMR wrote:

Cthulhu cares not for punctuation niceties such as this! (But I fixed it anyway.) Thanks.

If we actually saw the true form of Cthulhu's punctuation, we would all go mad anyway. So it's just as well. . .
          • Vhailorx
            TxMoose wrote:

I could definitely see the advantage of using it with OML. Using his strikes to give protection long enough for him to heal up sounds very useful to me.

Sounds slow to me. Why not just kill the other team with those strikes and heal up after the match (or during the beginning of the next match)?

This is not a game that rewards turning offense into defense or extending matches.