Sniper Rifle in Survival

EDL666
EDL666 Posts: 73
I was playing in DDQ's Big Enchilada and I fired Black Widow(Grey Suit) greenflag.png. It downed every character in the current wave with only the initial damage. The next wave started with the tiles hovering in mid-air and then it started cascading and dealt damage to the new wave. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but considering that waves usually change when the current action is over, I think it is.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dude! Seriously??
  • EDL666
    Your statement is pretty vague considering the topic... I'm serious, it happened. It feels like it's a bug, I'm reporting it.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you trying to score bug points?
  • EDL666
    I'm trying to help out. I like the game, I want it to be free of bugs?
  • That should be working as intended, where as speed shot firing at nothing and then the wave shows up after should be the bug.

Mod Edit: removed name calling.
  • EDL666
    Well, you see it the way you want, what I see is behavior inconsistent with the rest of the game, whether the devs want it one way or another is up to them. Waves always change when cascades are finished and the stack of events is cleared. I see speed shot firing at nothing like overkill, all those tiles just fire at the same time, the next wave isn't there yet, so Hawkeye couldn't shoot at them.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought you'd realize by now that the prior responders to your post were telling you to keep this quiet because it's a benefit to the players since the AI can't ever do that to you.

So insisting this is a bug and should be fixed is only making things harder for you. Why would you want to do that?

KGB
  • EDL666
    I understood that the Bug gives the player an advantage. I like when the game behaves the way I expect it to, also bugs are bugs. I'm just trying to help. Abusing bugs that aren't intuitive gives an unfair advantage to the players that use them compared to the others that can't possibly guess that it is possible to do it.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Dude! Seriously??

I am going to have to side with EDL666 on this one. It is a bug, and it should be reported.
  • EDL666
    I have an actual update to this, it seems it isn't limited to Sniper Rifle. I just knocked out the last opponent standing in a wave with Gravity Warp. It's the same thing I described, the gems didn't fall, the wave changed and then the cascade happened and dealt damage to the new wave. This bug might be affecting all abilities that deal damage upon destroying tiles on the board. I can't know for sure because I don't have the means to test all this, but it's probably worth investigating since I can recreate it with a different ability.