Swearing at the Pauses

Eddiemon
Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I'm finding myself inventing new profanity as I near the end or the current PvE.

Seriously, can you make more annoying matches? And I mean annoying, not difficult.

Dr Doom casts summon demons. Not an issue in and of itself, but it goes 'Banner to tell me he is summoning Demons',noticeable pause','Start showing an overly long clip of Doom summoning a demon',another noticeable pause,'show the tiles appear','take another extra long pause'. You're wondering if your opponent will actually make a move yet and will this turn every end.

It's even worse than the fatal cascade that goes on forever because at least you know the outcome. But the AI can spend a minute taking a turn and only do 3k damage to you. And with mystique generating more blue and purple the long drawn out turns just go on and on.

Seriously we need a fast forward button or a turn off all pauses and animations option.

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Seriously we need a fast forward button
    Strangely, has everyone else noticed that Storm's tile matching & match damage animations have been sped up lately? Both 2* and 3* varieties. I wish all characters played like that.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loki's tiles resolving should be the model, those things fly!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I haven't faced a 2* Hawkeye lately, but I was starting to call his purple passive The Completely Inaccurately-Named Speed Shot.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    JackTenrec wrote:
    I haven't faced a 2* Hawkeye lately, but I was starting to call his purple passive The Completely Inaccurately-Named Speed Shot.
    Sleep Shot.

Blade's Nightstalker used to resolve ultra-fast too. I kept ninja countdowns under control in wave nodes by having 4 Nightstalker tiles out, and the animations flew on those too. Now it has also become Nightsleeper courtesy of the Banner-fest (hardy har).
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Season PvP I run Hood/XForce/XPool.

Countdown for what -> Surgical Strike kills opponents mostly of old age.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    At least the almost half second pause after a goon Countdown Tiles activates is no more, like the Pyro's Flamethrower.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    I can see it now:

R106:

- Fixed a bug where Loki's Mischief tiles were resolving too quickly and not displaying a banner for 3 seconds per tile

icon_lol.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Seriously we need a fast forward button
    Strangely, has everyone else noticed that Storm's tile matching & match damage animations have been sped up lately? Both 2* and 3* varieties. I wish all characters played like that.

This is crazy, I was literally about to post this.
    She's the only character who feels quick and snappy like the game used to, it gives me visual qhiplash to see tiles match away quickly when I make a move with her.