Regarding Critical Boosts

Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just want one simple question answered by Demiurge.

Why do you put them everywhere in terms of node rewards?

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Ha, I thought the same when they put out the new pve loot tables. Move crit boosts to whatever incidental/bonus loot pool the +1 color bonuses come from.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    if they were just a random reward or at the very least, only on the easy nodes it wouldn't be so bad. but there's nothing like beating a gruelling beatdown node only to get one.

replace them with health packs, tokens or heaven forbid, more iso already...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect that casual players love and use critical boosts like crazy.
    I suspect that the devs like trolling us...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    All those people who are still using 1* Hawkeye since he lets you place the critical tile.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It also gives a decent damage boost if you use winfinite. But yeah I wish they would just replace it with ISO already.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    It also gives a decent damage boost if you use winfinite. But yeah I wish they would just replace it with ISO already.
    Maybe so, but as a habitual winfinite user, I will say that I never use my crit boosts. I've been sitting on 30 for months because it is just too much hassle to bother to click into the boosts, add a bunch, then go back and remove them if I remember to do so before I burn them all on subsequent battles by accident.

Winfinite at 5 blue PX covers does enough damage that I could take down level 360? Gorgon and his lackeys without them even getting a turn with their combined health pool of 60,000+ in the most recent EotS test using a 182 GSBW, 178 SW, and 127 PX at 5/0/4.

Crit boosts are probably best saved for the 5* characters that can deal massive damage thanks to them such as IF combined with OML, but that leaves out a huge portion of the player base. 3* characters just don't get enough mileage to be worth it, imo.

Just replace them with 70 ISO or whatever it costs to buy them (LOL, buy them!) and be done with it.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I occasionally use them in my shield hops when I have a team that creates lots of cascades or has targeted color creation (KK, GSBW etc.). I figure since I'm always going to have plenty of them I might as well make some use of them. I'd really prefer even 70 ISO though.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    Crit boosts are probably best saved for the 5* characters that can deal massive damage thanks to them such as IF combined with OML, but that leaves out a huge portion of the player base. 3* characters just don't get enough mileage to be worth it, imo.

Yeah I was thinking this myself. I never use them, but now that I play with champed 5s it might be a good idea to use them. I am going to win them no matter what, so at least get some benefits...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only ever use them in undercovered 4* ddq.

Devs...just give us the ability to sell boosts for 10iso a time and you will slightly alleviate the iso strain whilst also giving us something to do with the billions of crit boosts we 'win'
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure it's a "consolation prize", i.e. a bad reward put in there because devs think that EVERYTHING in this game should be a form of gambling. They figure that when we get one we click our fingers and tongue and say "schnuperplicks, got the ol' Critical Boost, tsk! But such is luck, ain't'it? Just gotta try again, sport!" Instead of "friiiigg 5 minutes of my life battling level 400 symbiote goons an all I get is something I NEVER use?"
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they're trying to discourage a full 7 clears, helping with the PvE placement?

Although I can't even stretch to a sarcastic assessment of why they're a reward in a boss battle. Maybe so we play Pokemon GO more instead?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they replaced them with a variety of boosts, such as green/black boost, green/black +1 etc etc, I think people would be so much happier.