Time for 3 tiers for LT!

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Can we get 3 tiers for legendary tokens (cp)! I am still working on SS, OML and Phoenix. Now I got to compete with GG and BSS... Maybe a 25cp, 20cp and 15cp (for
The oldest ones).

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see it split into three tiers but not sure that repricing them would be something that they would do since a large majority of the forum seems to favor OML over anything else.

I'd be fine with having the latest 3 for 25CP or a legendary token and having the other two groups split out for 20 CP each. Maybe even rotate who is in each of the non latest tier every month or so to reduce the odds of someone pulling lots of dupe 5* covers.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be fine with a higher chance at a lower CP cost to get the Only Character That Matters.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seriously have very little interest in any other 5*, at least until I have OML championed. But even at that point, I'd love to get him championed to a high level.

The other 5*s I'm sure are fine, but I won't get to use them anyway until they have 13 covers, because if I do pvp and have my lv 405 OML plus a lv 315 5*, I'll get crazily crushed thousands of times by highly champed double-5* players.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    20 cp for SS, Phoenix, Spidey and Goblin
    25 cp for IM, Cap and Banner
    50 cp for a 15% shot at OML

50 cp may be too cheap. Everyone would probably pay more.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    A novel idea would be if you pulled a 5*, you got to choose which character you received a cover for. I am not even asking for choosing the color of the cover here....just the ability to pick the character. That would be great for 4* too, give you the choice of 3 random characters to choose for covers for example. Still RNG since you don't get the pick the color and in 4* land you would only have the choice from 3 random characters but at least it would help reduce RNG to some degree while keeping it in the game.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Can we get 3 tiers for legendary tokens (cp)! I am still working on SS, OML and Phoenix. Now I got to compete with GG and BSS... Maybe a 25cp, 20cp and 15cp (for
    The oldest ones).

What you are describing is, from demi's point of view, a feature and not a bug. Now you are incentivized to spend in order to get new 5*s covered while they are new before they go into the diluted classic pool! Isn't freemium gaming fun?!

(it appears that somewhere in the 2-2.5% range is the floor, so when the odds for individual 5*s in the classic pool threteb to go below the floor, 5* drop odds will be raised to 20%. Nothing is likely to change before then, so maybe after 2 or 3 more 5*s come out.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Great idea - I fully endorse it.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I got it. Just nerf OML so he is useless, then have an ancient legendary token worth 15cp. Once oml is nerfed no one would want him and would spurr a buying spree to replace him. Since he is nerfed, you can lower the cp cost on the ancient token that has oml.

Yeah mine is at one lone cover of black and I am jealous!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do think there should be a third token but I think the prices discussed are a bit unrealistic.

Perhaps the token odds should be decided by forum ranking rather than age. Better characters go in the 25cp bracket while **** ones go in the 20cp bracket.

The data they need to do this is already in the characters forum
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not going to happen anytime soon, probably never.

They just raised chances for 5s in tokens from 10% to 15% a couple of months ago, so they are not going to add a third token, or raise the chances again in the near future. The only thing they might do, is when the new 5 is released they might left both Cap and IM in latest so we have 4 chars in latest and 5 in classic. But that's just it, and I am not even sure they will do that.

I think at this point it would be more realistic to ask to add a 5 reward as a season top100 reward or something like that.