New scaling chart

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey,

I figured I'd make a chart to note my scaling in the Rocket'n'Groot PVE with the new system, maybe it is of interest to anyone:

Google Docs Sheet

I will update that as I go. I'll probably only finish 4 of 7 clears because the scaling is not fun for me after the third node.

My experience is that the easy/trivial nodes are really easy at start, but scale very fast. I still have the feeling that my underlevelled and unusable five 5* characters skew my personal scaling.

(On a sidenote: I love the fixed reward table, and reaching progression is nice, once you accept you'll never reach Top-1% placement rewards)

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    superb work! icon_cool.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah. It's quite annoying that my scaling after 4/7 clears is higher than my scaling doing 7/7 clears under the old system. I guess that's supposed to make me want to spend money?
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Mawtful wrote:
    Yeah. It's quite annoying that my scaling after 4/7 clears is higher than my scaling doing 7/7 clears under the old system. I guess that's supposed to make me want to spend money?

Yeah, I experienced something similar. I'm still a fairly 'new' player (several 2*, some 3*, my toppers around level 70) and after the 3rd clear, I get my *ss kicked all over the place by the opponent, while under the old system it did get challenging, but I was usually able to make it to the end.
    It looks like this system *is* an improvement for several others, though, as I am now rank ~350 in the event, so apparently others are doing considerably better.

Anyway, looks like I have to retire for the rest of this event, as I'm not able to make any more progress. icon_e_sad.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrTrix wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

Yeah, I experienced something similar. I'm still a fairly 'new' player (several 2*, some 3*, my toppers around level 70) and after the 3rd clear, I get my *ss kicked all over the place by the opponent, while under the old system it did get challenging, but I was usually able to make it to the end.
    It looks like this system *is* an improvement for several others, though, as I am now rank ~350 in the event, so apparently others are doing considerably better.

Anyway, looks like I have to retire for the rest of this event, as I'm not able to make any more progress. icon_e_sad.gif

Similar experience here. I was certainly hitting problems getting clear number four finished on the last few nodes and featured characters. And I know that means tomorrow, where I'll have to start my clears on the second day of a 48 hour sub at the point where I ended the first, will be a complete nightmare. I need to kick my addiction to this garbage.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:

Makes me want to play a different game icon_e_sad.gif

This new scaling needs to be changes... FAST!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your scaling stop increasing after clear 4?
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:

Yes it is.

And no easy workaround - use Tacos to get Healthpacks in need.
    As they hed been nerfed recently in preparation for this...
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I think the idea is to get the main group of players to play 3 to 4 clears and be done. They're trying to preserve placement rewards for the true grinders, I guess. Ultimately this will probably succeed. Most players are not going to be very interested in pushing through 4 clears' worth of maximum scaling, let alone 10.

This is one of those cases where actually communicating their design intent would make things a lot easier on the playerbase.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

It does go up once between 4 and 5, making the fifth more difficult than the fourth. Clears 5, 6, and 7 will be at the same difficulty.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yea, I think the new system is going to stop me from being able to get the new 4* releases. I was hitting top 100 for all the 4* since Gwen, but its harder now and my rank is much lower. Haven't been playing this event that much but I feel I could hit the top 300 token reward without really trying
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

It does go up once between 4 and 5, making the fifth more difficult than the fourth. Clears 5, 6, and 7 will be at the same difficulty.

Thanks for the clarification
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I took yours and put my roster in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qFUhGcE3PoSRB4XURw-A5W35EjXrpGrmBzY2rjOHSE/edit#gid=462487959

I added a boosted top 10 as that is how it determines difficulty. It is different from the unboosted top 10 for me
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Updated my chart with an actual chart graph inside the doc, screenshot here:

Screenshot%202016-07-20%2010.00.03.png?dl=1

You can see the scaling is actually pretty linear, not exponential like it feels icon_e_wink.gif

Also added my Event-Top-10 Roster for comparison, thanks for the info.