Stop Wasted Covers

LuciferianX
LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
Currently, when we draw a sixth cover on a non championed character, it becomes 1k ISO-8, which is a complete waste. Not to be blunt, but there it is. Instead, can we put an extra cover into the same character? So my 120 level Red Hulk when I draw my umpteenth Gamma Siphon, I can add a level directly. We would still need to pay for champion levels, and the covers are uncommon enough that it doesn't impede ISO expenditure.

It adds back some value to four stars that we need instead of the poor exchange rate or not getting to draw.

The rules would be:

Covers only add a level when the cover exceeds the allowable limit, I.e. It's already at five, it can be leveled or exchanged. If it's 13, level or exchange. However, if the spread is 3/3/3 then it's either add a power rank or exchange it.

Simple, useful, doesn't break the game, doesn't waste covers.

Thoughts?

Comments

• LuciferianX
    Case in point.

I am a VIP. Got my token today. Drew Miles Morales! He's awesome. I have... 11 covers for him at the moment (4/2/5).

Drew Venom Blast. Which I have at 5.

I would have vastly preferred to add a level to Miles then sacrifice the cover for 1,000 ISO-8. So that felt like a total waste.
  • Gmafb123
    Gmafb123 Posts: 6
    I have the same issue, just got another RedFalcap cover for my 0/2/5 character. Have already tossed away a Y IW cover for a measly 1k, and will most likely have to do the same for a 4/0/5 4*DP. Really need to give another optiion.

I have heard suggestions like a no time limit cover vault (impractical unless there is a size limit), a reshuffle option, or my vote, an option to use HP to alter color if cover limit reached for that color.

At the very least the 4* covers need to be worth a lot more ISO
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happens to me a few times a week. Makes me feel like I'm really not progressing at all, since it's all in the hands of RNGesus.
  • Gmafb123
    Gmafb123 Posts: 6
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37571

There is another thread on this topic at the above link. It is a little larger than this thread.

Maybe it might be taken seriously
  • LuciferianX
    I reposted there. We still need votes and Dev attention.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Won't happen as it takes away the urgency to get iso.
  • LuciferianX
    I disagree.

Covers aren't coming often enough for most people to stop the ISO gain loop.
    The covers they get are spread over 100 characters, of which, about 70 need those covers (3* and up). 1 & 2 are still going to be cashed in.
    Saving me trouble and effort of leveling meaningless 2 stars makes me happy, which makes me play the game more, which means I'm more likely to spend money the longer I'm in the environment.
    Making money -- i.e., incentivizing people to buy packs -- is good for the community and the game and the devs.

Here's the big one:

If you draw 2 Red Hulk covers on your Level 245 who has 13 covers, are you going to turn those in to 2 levels? Or go get enough ISO to Champion and then make him 270? If you said "Duh, Luc, I'm going to Champ him, stupid question, what's your point?" You answered correctly -- almost anyone is going to hold those covers. Get it? It's to keep covers from being wasted at all. You wouldn't burn two covers that close to Champion status. No point. You'll go for the better value. I'm just saying that at level 120 and a ... what do I have? 4/2/5 spread? I think identical (oddly) to my Miles Morales, drawing my ... 9th? (no, not kidding) Gamma Siphon just fills me with bitterness. I can't Champion him, and I can't level him, so it's 1k and that's a complete waste. And given that the differential where it matters is a few hundred ISO (it only gets gnarly as you break 220) this doesn't impede a thing.

Lastly. Rarity. I've got a remarkably even spread all things being equal, so we know the loot tables are balanced. Over the course of a month I gain what, a few dozen 3 star levels for both Champ and non-Champ, maybe a total of 4 or 5 4 star levels? That doesn't slow down the ISO game at all. That just removes a massive player pain point.