Not a fan of the scrolling Roster page (PC)

Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
I personally don't see this feature as an improvement. Having the characters arranged in zigzagging columns is visually confusing. Seeing the characters listed in order of descending strength in a straight line (okay, 2 straight lines) was much more helpful.

The scroll bar also eats up screen real estate, so the covers had to be shrunk in order to fit, which still wouldn't be ideal if it didn't mean more covers being crammed on screen at the same time to compete for your visual focus.

On top of that, there's no scrollwheel support.

If you're committed to adding this feature, please switch the order back to horizontal rows and make the page scroll vertically. Then you could even have room to make the rows six covers across and display them at a larger size.

EDIT: Also, why scroll the Roster page but not the Train page, which already displays the characters in one continuous line?

Comments

• MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Personally I hate the new scrolling roster page; Nothing about it is an improvement.
    The old setup was functional, visually appealing, and easy to use.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Hero list should be at least 6x6, considering the amount of released heroes... and mouse scroll should work too...
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I play on iOS (iPad) and I don't care for it either.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    None too surprising.

Let's just all stop beating about the bush and for once be dead honest here: the game's UI is ****. It has always been **** and will probably continue to be ****, because the devs simply don't get good UX and proper UI design.

They really, really need to hire someone that actually does get it. But even that won't be enough: they'll still need to actually foot the bill to get it all fixed up. Which is far from likely given their tendencies to concentrate on keeping players on the money-milking treadmills with steady character releases drowning out all other changes. (Including actual new content in the shape of story and setting.)

If they're smart they'll roll back the roster list change while they still can.
  • Afrothunder
    Afrothunder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I play on an iPhone, but its absurd to me that there are 2 different sets of roster pages. One to look at and sell and another to train. There is absolutely no reason this shouldn't be one screen.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I play on an iPhone, but its absurd to me that there are 2 different sets of roster pages. One to look at and sell and another to train. There is absolutely no reason this shouldn't be one screen.

I agree with this and have previously brought it up in another topic. There's no reason the Roster page couldn't have the little golden arrows indicating that a character is capable of improving somehow. When I want to train a character, I go through the Roster page anyway. I had always assumed that the reason the PC version had two pages was because the mobile version had a good reason for having two pages.