Stop AI Hero/Villains from using Goon auto-gain.

ScubaMD
ScubaMD Posts: 34
This is beyond ridiculous. I can't do anything in the fourth round of 'Rocket and a Hard Place' because Hood steals everything every turn, then accelerates the Muscle's (multiple, which is a different angry conversation) countdowns to strength tiles that makes the most basic matches 3K.

There's 'challenging' and then there's outright exploitation. Fix this now. If the AI is going to auto-gain colors every round, then you need to provide a power that does the same for us.

Further, there needs to be a limit to the number of times an AI character uses a power.

Comments

• LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    We discussed this elsewhere, and it is cheating. Under RAW we cannot possibly replicate the speed. Same problem with the Symbiote and Carnage nodes, he fires Scythes every 2nd or sometimes 3rd round. It's heinous. And cheating.
  • eMaRDi
    eMaRDi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I had the "small" issue in the first node of "Luck be a Lady". You fight Mystique and to Iso-80 Mutant.
    Mystique is usually "tame" in the other nodes, but this first one... whee. She just uses her "Shapeshift" ability about every 1-2 turns (as the goons auto-gain Purple AP), "Infiltration" about every 2-3 turns.
    Luckily you have to do this node only once, but it seems a bit "over the edge". Of course, it is simple game mechanic, the goons do not anything while Mystique is active - however it seems a bit unfair as the player is unable to gain AP out of nothing.

I think I even had the case once (in an earlier event 2-3 monsths ago) that you had to fight Ms. Marvel. Problem seemed that even as the goons were down, she seemed to continue auto-gain AP (however I do not this was 3star yellow passive).

In some nodes I think it is a bit unfait to have one hero whose abilities are essentially "fed" by goons...

However I do not really see a solution for such a problem apart of just making sure goon auto-gain colors are never used by the AI heroes/villains.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    couldn't they make goons require a certain amount of turns before firing a power, rather than auto gaining AP? For instance, rather than a maggia muscle goon gain yellow and blue, he can fire "threaten" every 3 turns, or whatever they come up with. That way, when that goon is on the team with someone who uses yellow and/or blue, the AI can not just fire a power? This would obviously allow the computer to insert a countdown tile AND allow the AI character to fire a power on the same turn... but at least it would prevent the constant firing of powers every round. Either that, or change the character match ups so the AI character has no active powers for feeder colors.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Solutions include but are not limited too:

* Have goon AP separate from Hero AP
    * Goon abilities fire on cool downs, so you no longer face 3 sniper rifles in stacking turns; activate rifle, power is on cool down and cannot go again until cool down expires (rendering it a passive on cool down)
    * Let goons match for AP, like everyone else

Any of these would align the goon nodes to RAW; I don't care if they're on passives, or if their powers activate with regularity, I care that they can get to googolplexes of AP and flood the board, and if you can't reach that 7k sniper rifle... or the three after it (yes, that happened) then you're just eating health packs. It's not something we can replicate (and yes, I say that a lot on this topic) and that's really where it breaks the RAW for players.
  • Selvokaz
    Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I cannot stress enough how often this happens, like in that last event Dark Avengers assemble I think, where on one node you had Juggernaut and 2 Muscle goons boosted to like 264+... whole team had over 12k hp and jugs was doing i think 3k to 4k per headbutt base, now imagine trying to mow him down before the muscles got off attack tiles or tommy guns... 3 turns felt like all they needed. to turn that node into the hardest node ever... while I know jugs doesnt use blue or yellow, he could match those colors and help them build enough ap to fire off powers round after round and that was really where the problem lied.

I hate to say it but it forced me on a few nodes to become just as cheap, but in my defense it took far long in order for my near infinite ap plans to work. (Hood, Super Soldier Steve Rogers, Scarlet Witch make a great team if you can work the intimidation power right after getting 2 or more friendly countdown powers on the board, usually arcane incantation and one of steves countdown powers, combined with the hoods constant ap stealing and his twin pistols clearing enemy special tiles, and the likelihood of you matching for extra ap on already active countdown powers means after awhile you can fire off powers almost none stop, especially with all the stunning going on.)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Each minion power that requires AP should include:
    (PASSIVE) Generates #AP at end of turn if no matches were made.
    The hero/villain still gets the advantage of using minion match damage without exploiting minion AP gain. This should also fix the Assassin (I think that's the one), whose AP cost is 0 (Deadly Shot), but still generates greentile.png