MPQ Trophy Accomplished: First three 5s cover maxed!

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Yesterday night I finally pulled my 13th 'valid' OML cover! Just one day before the red cover I couldn't use before to max him expired (oooooh yeah!). Now my OML is champed at 451 icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif.

I also have a maxed PH that I will level to 450 as soon as I get the 400-450k iso I need (after champing OML, I will need a little bit more time, but I should be able to max her in a week with the iso I already have). And I also have a maxed SS that I don't plan to level for now. (is it possible to buff SS a little Devs? pretty please?)

This means, that after 11 months (wow, 11 months to max 3 chars!!!!!) I have managed to cover max the first three 5s that were released! All just by playing the game (and with some CP contributions of my alliance buddies, but no buyers club's involved) and being bit lucky with my pulls (just a bit, I still remember my no 5 streak of 51 pulls!!!). I have just needed around 345 pulls to max them (it is slightly less than that, because this number includes some latest pulls), concentrating all my CPs in classic tokens. The change to 15% has helped a bit.

So, after I finally champ PH too, I will be able to relax, and just try to cover max Spidey, GG and IM46 in a much more relaxed way (I have 0 covers for Banner and Cap, so I don't care too much about them right now). I will also try to champ some 4s that will go really well with those two 5s (Punisher, Quake and Peggy). I hope PvP will be easier now, and I hope PvE will be too, even with the new scaling (HA! who I am trying to fool? icon_razz.gif).

Common Devs, bring those 6s already! icon_e_wink.gif

PS: We should have trophies in MPQ icon_razz.gif

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice! I have 12 covers for both OML and Phoenix so I hope I'll get a 13th for both sooner rather than later.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    That's great news. Your champed old man logan has the same amount of covers as all my 5* combined. What a gap in power.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    You:
    345 LTs, now had 3 max covered 5☆

Me:
    394 LTs, 0 max covered 5☆
    Phoenix 1/5/4
    OML 4/3/2
    SS 3/4/1
    BiB 3/4/1
    IM46 2/0/1 (2 CW covers)
    Cap 1/1/0
    GG 0/1/0

Random progression is fun
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    congrats, Polares!!
  • Polares
    dsds wrote:
    That's great news. Your champed old man logan has the same amount of covers as all my 5* combined. What a gap in power.
    fmftint wrote:
    You:
    345 LTs, now had 3 max covered 5☆

Me:
    394 LTs, 0 max covered 5☆
    Phoenix 1/5/4
    OML 4/3/2
    SS 3/4/1
    BiB 3/4/1
    IM46 2/0/1 (2 CW covers)
    Cap 1/1/0
    GG 0/1/0

Random progression is fun

Sorry guys, I also had a 51 no 5 pull streak, so I agree, random is not fun. At least in my case luck turned around, so it might happen to you both.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I uhh just pulled my 6th icon_silversurfer.png last night, so there's that...
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats Polares! Tough 11mos, but you've done it.

You mentioned that you hope PVP would be a bit easier now, so I wanted to ask if you've had the same/similar experience that Snowcatt has talked about where you're only seeing 400+ OML / 400+ PHX / required character in PVP?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    Yesterday night I finally pulled my 13th 'valid' OML cover! Just one day before the red cover I couldn't use before to max him expired (oooooh yeah!). Now my OML is champed at 451 icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif.

I also have a maxed PH that I will level to 450 as soon as I get the 400-450k iso I need (after champing OML, I will need a little bit more time, but I should be able to max her in a week with the iso I already have). And I also have a maxed SS that I don't plan to level for now. (is it possible to buff SS a little Devs? pretty please?)

I just maxed my OML a couple days ago, which brought my total to three as well. After going seven months without an OML red, I pulled two in one day. Gotta love RNGesus.

I would recommend leveling that Surfer, though (after Phoenix; she's awesome, and he's... not). At the very least, get him up to the point where you'd be able to champion him in under two weeks. That way, you can keep from wasting a cover if you pull another one. Those 5* champion rewards are flipping awesome.
    Polares wrote:
    PS: We should have trophies in MPQ icon_razz.gif

That would be fantastic.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats!

Its quite easy for people entrenched in the 5* transition to get bitter over posts like this, but I'm absolutely sure your post is rooted in being happy on your pulls and not throwing it in people's faces. This goes not only for this post, but others like it. Similarly, people sharing their luck with their groups on Line garner similar responses. The standard is to respond with 1 of 2 hostile messages:

1) **** You (some are joking, some aren't. The Best chat rooms specifically have a tradition I thoroughly enjoy where a 5* pull post is met with spammed pictures/memes of someone/something flipping the bird. It brings me a smile every time.)
    2) I haven't pulled a 5* in X pulls. (With optional caveat ultimatum of If I don't pull in my next Y pulls, ragequit)

This fairly toxic built-in response mechanism just continues to show the overall community's thoughts around the RNG based progression model. I for one try to celebrate the user's luck, while secretly wishing for some luck on my own pulls. Hope is all we have to hold on to until we too can be blessed with a slew of the mighty purple teaser screen.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats man that is awesome. I've had pretty decent luck on my pulls (14.71%) but am still far from a max covered 5*.
  • Polares
    LordXberk wrote:
    Congrats Polares! Tough 11mos, but you've done it.

You mentioned that you hope PVP would be a bit easier now, so I wanted to ask if you've had the same/similar experience that Snowcatt has talked about where you're only seeing 400+ OML / 400+ PHX / required character in PVP?

I didnt start levelling PH until I got her 13th cover, so my scaling didnt go nuts (I just had one purple until the end, so no worth levelling her before). So I basically had OML levelled and then champed 4s.

Said that, yes I basically fight against OML+4, PH+4, OML+PH or buffed 4s. I can usually see anything in the 350+ range, so I see plenty of buffed 4s. I dont see that many OML+PH both high levelled, this is why I think having both champed is going to be an asset, but I might stop seeing buffed 4s, we will see.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Congrats polares,

I have made somewhere around half as many LT pulls as you, yet I have only pulled enough covers to max a single 5* (13 total covers from LTs, 2 more from Civil War event)) distributed across 6/8 available 5*s (no pulls for IM46 yet, and no LTs opened post banner release).

This is definitely the ideal way to distribute a massively powerful end-game tier!
  • Vhailorx
    Meander wrote:
    Congrats!

Its quite easy for people entrenched in the 5* transition to get bitter over posts like this, but I'm absolutely sure your post is rooted in being happy on your pulls and not throwing it in people's faces. This goes not only for this post, but others like it. Similarly, people sharing their luck with their groups on Line garner similar responses. The standard is to respond with 1 of 2 hostile messages:

1) tinykitty You (some are joking, some aren't. The Best chat rooms specifically have a tradition I thoroughly enjoy where a 5* pull post is met with spammed pictures/memes of someone/something flipping the bird. It brings me a smile every time.)
    2) I haven't pulled a 5* in X pulls. (With optional caveat ultimatum of If I don't pull in my next Y pulls, ragequit)

This fairly toxic built-in response mechanism just continues to show the overall community's thoughts around the RNG based progression model. I for one try to celebrate the user's luck, while secretly wishing for some luck on my own pulls. Hope is all we have to hold on to until we too can be blessed with a slew of the mighty purple teaser screen.

I think there is a third very common response, which is to **** about 5* only RNG (for a tremendously awesome example of this genre, see my earlier post in this thread! icon_e_wink.gif ).
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats!!!

I just championed my first 5* (Surfer) last week - that was a fantastic feeling after sitting on 12 covers and selling many duplicate color covers for a long time.

I haven't tracked how many pulls I've done, but probably roughly the same. My 5* list goes like this:

icon_silversurfer.png - Level 452 4/5/4
    icon_jeangrey.png - Level 405 5/2/3
    icon_wolverine.png - Level 375 2/4/2
    icon_spiderman.png - Level 255 1/1/2
    icon_greengoblin.png - Level 255 1/2/0
    icon_ironman.png - Level 255 1/1/1
    icon_captainamerica.png - Level 255 2/0/0
    icon_hulk.png - Level Nope 0/0/0

It's a slow go but getting there.....
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats Polares!
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Congrats polares,

I have made somewhere around half as many LT pulls as you, yet have only pulled enough covers to max a single 5* (13 total covers from LTs, 2 more from Civil War event)) distributed across 6/8 available 5*s (no pulls for IM46 yet, and no LTs opened post banner release).

This is definitely the ideal way to distribute a massively powerful end-game tier!

And you already max one 5*? Oh man, now I feel depressed.

I think you should feel happy that you at least max a 5*. After playing for 11 months, hitting most if not all 1300 pvp progression, I have zero max covered 5*.
  • Vhailorx
    atomzed wrote:
    Congrats Polares!
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Congrats polares,

I have made somewhere around half as many LT pulls as you, yet have only pulled enough covers to max a single 5* (13 total covers from LTs, 2 more from Civil War event)) distributed across 6/8 available 5*s (no pulls for IM46 yet, and no LTs opened post banner release).

And you already max one 5*? Oh man, now I feel depressed.

I think you should feel happy that you at least max a 5*. After playing for 11 months, hitting most if not all 1300 pvp progression, I have zero max covered 5*.

Don't be jealous of me atomzed. I have 13 total 5* covers distributed across 6 of the 8 available 5*s. None of them are even close to usable in high level content. the only 5* I use with any regularity is my 0/1/0 OML that I use with daken and x-23 to sustainably grind trivial nodes.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Congratulations Polares! I hope to be able to reach that soon, but I've already hit the "danger zone" as m 5*s are only missing their unicorn covers.

OML at 5/1/5
    Phoenix at 5/2/5

I've already trashed 5 black OML covers, my previous stash pulled 2 red which brought him to max red. I really need that yellow and phoenix' purple, RNG is definitely not fun, but I hope to get there real soon!
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Good work and very lucky pulls Polares.

I've already mentioned my luck shifted significantly, https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42039&start=120#p543750 getting 4 OML covers in one week, which combined with great pulls on the original 3 this month brought me to striking distance in maxing.

Surfer is 1/5/5
    Phoenix is 2/5/2
    OML is 4/5/3

I've had to get rid of two Phoenix covers but otherwise doing ok. My other 5s are pathetic though. 3/0/0 Spidey is the best of the bunch.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats, may I ask what daily resupply you're on?
  • Polares
    Pongie wrote:
    Congrats, may I ask what daily resupply you're on?

Today is 990 for me. 10 days to Spidey, 105 to the three year mark :O