Ideal pvp prog rewards

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So with the revised structure for peggy's release PvP, and some other topics discussing LR rewards, it thought it might be worth discussing the PVP prog rewards in a separate thread.

Assumptions:

(1) let's be reasonable, so no 1million iso rewards or other suggestions that are non starters
(2) iso rewards should be greatest for veteran rosters
(3) cp and 4* covers are the premium rewards
(4) the general design philosophy is that any given roster should be able to earn rewards that will improve that roster. So good 2* roster should be able to get 1 3* cover reward, etc.

Here is my first attempt:

50 pts: standard token
100 pts: 3x +1 all ap boosts
150 pts: 140 iso
200 pts: 2* cover
250 pts: 250 iso
300 pts: token
350 pts: 500 iso
400 pts: 50 HP
450 pts: 3* cover
500 pts: token
550 pts: 500 iso
600 pts: 3* cover
650 pts: 50 HP
700 pts: 1000 iso
750 pts: token
800 pts: 4* cover
850 pts: 100 HP
900 pts: 2500 iso
950 pts: 5cp
1000 pts: 4* cover
1100 pts: 5000 iso
1200 pts: 7500 iso
1300 pts: 25 cp

Comments

• Vhailorx
    What do people think?

My general goals were to incrementally increase most of the rewards (2x the 3* and 4* covers, 2x the HP, and another 5 cp), without going too far. More HP because the new format incentivizes more shield hopping; more covers at lower scores to smooth out transition.

I also wanted to dramatically increase the iso flow for top tier rosters. 4*s and above cost way too much iso relative to the distribution rate. 2500 iso is NOT a significant amount at the 4* level, but is treated by the game as a premium reward. That's foolish.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    while I love where you're going with the iso at 1100 and 1200, there's no way in hell devs will consider that reasonable (5K and 7.5K). and...if they'd even consider those amounts, it'd be at 1400 or 1500.

'reasonably', I could see another 1K-2K at those levels and 2 more at 1400 or 1500.

this would be an effective way to provide additional iso to those at/beyond the 4* transition who feel the crunch the hardest.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2016
    TxMoose wrote:
    while I love where you're going with the iso at 1100 and 1200, there's no way in hell devs will consider that reasonable (5K and 7.5K). and...if they'd even consider those amounts, it'd be at 1400 or 1500.

'reasonably', I could see another 1K-2K at those levels and 2 more at 1400 or 1500.

this would be an effective way to provide additional iso to those at/beyond the 4* transition who feel the crunch the hardest.

But the devs are completely wrong on iso. We need to change their (and our) perceptions.

A single 4* cover is marked by the game as a premium reward (I.e., a flashing gold cover), the second highest tier of reward in the game. That cover is 7.6% of a fully covered 4* character.

2500 iso is marked by the game with a flashing gold cover; the game treats this amount of iso as roughly the same value as a 4* cover. But the equivalent amount of iso for a 4* character (i.e. 7.6%) is more than 27,000!!! Sure, iso is more versatile than covers, since it can by applied to many characters. But there is no reasonable argument that the extra versatility equates to a 10x value jump. My iso rewards are actually quite conservative given the scale of iso costs in the elder game.

7500 iso reward only seem too high because the devs completely misperceive the true value of iso at the 4* tier. I am trying to fix that issue.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the additional covers, I really think they need to totally retool cover acquisition to address the changing game as it is focusing more and more on the 4* tier and this is a great step to change how it works in progression. As mentioned, the numbers on iso, while they make sense from a "logic" standpoint, I really don't think they jive with what d3 is used to giving out as top tier rewards. Change them to 1k/2k and you have something that maybe they can stomach. Maybe they would even throw in a 2500 iso at 1400 and 5000 iso at 1500? Would be nice.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm of the same opinion as vhailor when I first saw it I thought the iso amounts should be doubled

Other than that I agree with your structure
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    If nothing else, they need to add a small CP reward to PVP progression somewhere between 500 and 1000. It's kind of **** that you can get 2 CP a day in PVE, but none in PVP unless you manage to reach 1300 (which is the equivalent of max progression in PVE anyway).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that the PVP rewards should be improved by for the season. As a vet, it's pretty easy for me to hit 10,000 points. And then after that, there's no more rewards, which is sad. There should be rewards at least up to 15,000 points, which is 1300 points per pvp and 2000 points for sim.
  • Shemhazi
    Shemhazi Posts: 28
    The thing I'd like to see, in both PVE and PVP progression rewards, is for one of the lower rewards to be a token for that event, instead of one of the standard tokens. That way, people who's rosters don't currently allow them to progress very far, especially in PVP, have a chance at one of the event-specific tokens.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Clyve wrote:
    If nothing else, they need to add a small CP reward to PVP progression somewhere between 500 and 1000. It's kind of **** that you can get 2 CP a day in PVE, but none in PVP unless you manage to reach 1300 (which is the equivalent of max progression in PVE anyway).

Also kind of a screw-job that PVE have 0.00 4-star covers as progression rewards. Can only get 4-star cover from PVE by being top 10. Can get three a week by reaching a semi-difficult PVP progression point.