could a node calculator help to save time in PVE?

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
for example.

in the Groot event i want to get to 20500 points for the level3 card iron man.

and i want to try to get a CP point and 5000 iso.

the event is 4 days. however i dont know how many nodes i will get over the next few days and how many points i can collect.

but if we knew this before hand.

in theory i could calculate how much nodes i would need to clear to get to 20500 points , CP point and for the amount of iso i want out of the event.

that way i dont need to play all nodes on day 1 for example. i could just calculate that if i play 8 nodes on day 1, 8 nodes on day 2, 8 nodes on day 3. 8 nodes on day 4, i will get the prizes i want.

much less stress and i could use time more time for PVP for example or other activities.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any feature that allow you to play less is unlikely to be implemented. The more you play, the better the player engagement stat look to the developers.
    That said, those who crunch numbers say four clears of each node should be enough to reach final progression. If you only want Iron Man I guess 2-3 clears of each node should be enough.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    wow, thanks a lot. that is indeed very nice. now i know only 2 nodes and i am done!

thanks a lot! and whoever made this!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Historically, in this game, all documentation has been done by players. Would be great if that changed, but don't expect it will.

You can use this to find the answers you seek. Use the "test" values on the Meet Rocket & Groot tab.

2 clears of each sub will get you to 20500. Since sub 2 is 48hrs, you'd only have to clear it once a day.

Thanks for posting that link, aesthetocyst. Instead of just trying to minimize my effort, I personally would use the point calculating ability to determine what I need to do to avoid repeating the more annoying PVE nodes (various feeder ones, 1*Venom/Juggs "winfinite", etc). If repeating the three trivial nodes earns the same as two goons giving Hood twin pistols every 3-4 turns, that's a more-than-fair trade off to me...
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Historically, in this game, all documentation has been done by players. Would be great if that changed, but don't expect it will.

You can use this to find the answers you seek. Use the "test" values on the Meet Rocket & Groot tab.

2 clears of each sub will get you to 20500. Since sub 2 is 48hrs, you'd only have to clear it once a day.

FYI - You can use this link to get it to open so that you can save a copy for yourself to play with.

Edit - Just noticed there is a "Meet Rocket & Groot - NEW" tab, with the latest version on it. Not complete of course but pretty far along.