Please remove PVE placement rewards

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
With the now established new PVE format, to be able to get 4* rewards (and thus progress in the game at all), a player has to now grind in two very large chunks: Once immediately at the beginning of a new PVE sub, and at the end when points have regenerated a bit. This will add up to about a consistent play of 4-5 hours. (This is not fun)

Giving out the 4* rewards to only 1% of the players (10 in 1000 players, who have to fight against each other about who has put in the most time) is aggravating. You already have a game mode of PVP which does that, so please think about players who only want to give 1-2 hours of playtime to a simple match-3 game. PVP as means to get hold of 4* requires a play of style with coordination and high frustration tolerance, that I don't have.

So please think about allowing players like me, who have put in 450+ days of playtime into this game, to make progress in the game: Remove placement rewards in PVE and give out 4* rewards as progression for i.e. making 7 clears of subnodes (current LT reward is at around 4 clears of all subnodes, but we need specific covers to really "work" on). That should maybe raise the rewards to 20% of players, which is still hard to get and requires people to buy Healthpacks or pay for ISO, and they finally get a sense of accomplishment when they put in a lot of time (instead of 99% of all players getting the feeling they wasted dozens of hours in an event where they did not get T10).

(@mods: I know this has been touched on in discussions on the announcements by David Moore, but it really should belong here where I hope it could get passed on to the developers and maybe even commented on in this proper sub-forum, plus older postings where dealing with different PVE tests and not the finalized version like now... also I've attached a poll just to see if more than just a few vocal players want this)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Progression rewards IS be the only thing that could save this broken game.
    Why devs don't understand this?
    Will it be a bad move to allow more players to obtain 4 stars covers?
    I don't think so.
    Instead they will have players more motivated to progress in the game and not players stuck in the middle of nowhere, with a constant release of new characters that they will never be able to use.
    And do they think that these unsatisfied players (me enclosed) are willing to spend money in this broken game?
    I would like to receive a reply from the devs, but I won't hold my breath icon_cry.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the non-regenerating points system was the best one in PVE. It just needs to have the competitive aspect removed and replaced with progression. Any two people making equal effort should be getting equal rewards. It sucks to put a lot of time in and not break into top 100 and realize there are some people who ended up in a lucky grouping, getting the top rewards while putting in half the effort you did. Getting those 4 star.png rewards would probably be very time consuming, but to know that your effort will actually be rewarded is a motivating thought. Whether it would maintain 3 covers as the maximum reward is a question. I wouldn't be surprised (and might welcome) a single cover of the character, so long as the color could be chosen. After that cover is acquired, continued play should lead to command points (not another 25, but instead smaller amounts at certain intervals) and ISO-8. Perhaps if every mission were completed 4 times (when difficulty maxes), that could be the point goal for the 4 star.png ? Then, even those missing required characters could put more effort in to reach that goal, while those with the characters could relax or keep going to get a little more currency.