Thoughts on adding a 5 cp tier to LRs at 900?

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
One good way to encourage people to play LR more aggressively is to add a new cp prize tier at around 900. It doesn't have to be a major prize, something small but valuable would suffice.

Currently most of the 5* players can consistently break the 500 pt mark on either 1 or 0 zero shields. The best rosters can get to around 700. So a new prize tier at 900 would encourage more players to hop and coordinate on play.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    You score 900 in lightening rounds?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lmfao. Exactly.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Lightening rounds are about sone quick ISO and they are already massively weighted against people who have a job covering the working week. Don't make it worse following a suggestion like this please
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a few cp throughout, such as 100 points, 200 points, 300 points...
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    My thoughts are why this hasn't been moved to the suggestion desert, where devs always read suggestions.
  • Phumade
    You score 900 in lightening rounds?
    With no cooldowns and discounted shields? 3 hops max no problem.

Thats why I suggested a high threshold for a cp prize. While many people think LRs as just an iso farm, its actually the most competitive mode in the game. In fact, the LR are being played by two distinct and different groups.

1. The iso farmers who just want more matches to churn iso.
    2. 5* players who are farming LR tokens in top 8.

adding a new prize tier probably won't affect group 1 other than to encourage more matches.
    group two already plays LRs competitively and providing a higher progression target encourages these players to use all their pvp techniques to inflate points. (with the implication that more shields and boosts will be used for a exclusive prize)

Economically, this is probably a super cheap and easy prize to implement. in normal pvp there are many many brackets, each with a separate prog prize. But there is only 1 LR bracket at a time, so their cost exposure is pretty minimal, even if you assumed that the top 5 lr playes always make the progression targets.

At the end of the day. LR are splitting into two different events being played simultaneously. 1 group is playing for top 25, and the rest are just playing seeds.
  • Phumade
    alphabeta wrote:
    Lightening rounds are about sone quick ISO and they are already massively weighted against people who have a job covering the working week. Don't make it worse following a suggestion like this please

actually LR are the perfect event for people with real jobs. The entire event only takes 90 min to complete. Most people can easily carve out 90 min for a competitive run.

Compared to pvp the time and reward commitments are actually pretty comparable.

Most people climb to 1300 for around 300hp or less, and invest around 6-8 hours of active pvp play per event. In that light a 3-5 cp point prize would be a pretty similar effort to reward ratio.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    A CP reward in LR's is dangerous because of the number of them held each week. 5 CP as a reward even at 900 score is WAY too generous and effectively devalues the resource especially compared to PvE grinding. I think CP is better left out of LR's entirely.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Lmao.a certain ex crews member that now plys his trade in an alliance with a heavenly theme will be rollin in cp if this happens;)
  • Phumade
    babinro wrote:
    A CP reward in LR's is dangerous because of the number of them held each week. 5 CP as a reward even at 900 score is WAY too generous and effectively devalues the resource especially compared to PvE grinding. I think CP is better left out of LR's entirely.

Its a very reasonable concern. But I chose to think of LRs as basically a regulare pvp event broken into 2hr battles/sessions.
    Consider this:

Each week they run 24 2 hr LR tournaments. Setting a target of 5 people achieving top progression means your giving out (24 LR X 5cp X 5 winners) = 600 cp over the entire 2 days worth of LRs

Vs normal pvp (40 brackets x 25cp x 10 (*people who score 1300) = 10,000 cp. for a 2 1/2 day event.

*- This was a avg guess of both noob and vet brackets. And I also took a guess on the number of brackets.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well i stand corrected... 900 points in LR seems like absolute madness to me. I play to 350 and then stop.

I've made it to the LR tokens in placement a few times (always early in the morning) but ...900?! I don't think I'll ever get used to that
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The percent of players who go above seed teams in LR is way to small to increase rewards. I would prefer to see them add rewRds to PVP at 1100, 1200, and possible 1400, and 1500. They could add an alliance progression rewards to PVE and/or PVP. Overall from a reward standpoint they could do so much more with alliances compared to LR.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs always wanted LR to be more casual than competitive, that is why they never had hero points as final prize before CP. it was something u popped in on when u had time; not obligated to do every single one to keep up with everyone else.

plus, i do not think they would give more than 1 CP per person per LR, the crazies will grind to 900 cause it would add up. and if that were the case i doubt anyone other than championed 5* would ever hit t25.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I'm on the same boat. Let's not mess LR's with something like that, just keep them casual.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Better question:

How would people feel about a 5cp reward in PVP events, at 900 (ditch the token, or squeeze it in somewhere lower)?