Feeders... Grrrrrrrrr

tph_james
tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
When will DEMIURGE listen?
2 maggia dons are feeding the hood active powers. With a limited roster for heroic event, are you nuts? I get slaughtered with twin pistols and intimation.
When will DEMIURGE listen?
No feeders.. No feeders.. No feeders
I'm whining again.. Can't help

Comments

• I skipped this event completely because it's stupid.
  • tph_james
    The urge to have 4* deadpool and Ironman 40 is strong... I can't help.. Haha
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    *intimidation
    Although I would like the description for intimation.
    "The Hood opens up and tells you something deeply personal about himself. He talks candidly for a long time, reducing X countdown tiles by 1. Then he says he still would have to kill you. The emotional toll deals X damage.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I like to imagine a nightmare scenario, where Juggernaut is paired with two ninjas generating red for him.
  • tph_james
    fanghoul wrote:
    I like to imagine a nightmare scenario, where Juggernaut is paired with two ninjas generating red for him.
    Lol... Juggernaut is too egoistic to be paired with 2 ninjas
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    fanghoul wrote:

Be careful what you wish for.
    There was a node way back when in I think one of the iterations of a Juggernaut Heroic that had him paired with two Red/Purple Hammer Girl Goons.
    I forget their actual name off the top of my head. The ones with the "Media Cover" Purple Countdown Tile that turns random tiles into Team Up tiles.

These nods were BRUTAL. You literally took a Headbutt every three turns.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    fanghoul wrote:

Good God, man, we already have Carnage with feeders in Venom Bomb. Don't give them any more ideas please.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    fanghoul wrote:

Good God, man, we already have Carnage with feeders in Venom Bomb. Don't give them any more ideas please.

That Carnage node is far worse than any Jugs node. Jugs doesn't scale as well as a high-level 4*.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I'm very worried that after ~2.5 years of creating story events this is the enemy strategy they always fall back on.

Enemy of the State was just an endurance test for how long your roster could withstand Adamantium/Debilitating Slash.

A lot of the early Dark Reign PvPs had purple/green feeders for Moonstone and Ares, respectively. (Sometimes Venom and Ragnarok got in on that HAMMER feeding frenzy)

Hood + Maggia is... no. Stop.

Doom/Mystique + Doombots is the only bad thing I can recall from Meet R & G, save the first sub's Hood/Maggia combo.

I never played Venom Bomb after hearing of the abundance of sexy symbiote feeder times.

The last unique, non-boss story event we got was Webbed Wonder, which had Kingpin + Maggia because the Hood wasn't bad enough, and in the last sub that vitriolic Doc Ock + Carrier + Carrier node.

For whatever reason, though, they are perfectly capable of avoiding this fiasco in their Gauntlet/Simulator PvPs. Those nodes are challenging because of the team synergy + high levels, NOT because free abilities rain hellfire upon the player.

As an aside, I also dislike the enemy's gift to have 5/5/5 loadouts on their characters. (i.e. if your Ares has a cost of 5 for Onslaught, 30% for the bonus Rampage damage, and 2-turn CD for Sunder, he's 5/5/5.) That's icing on the feeding cake.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    fanghoul wrote:

That Carnage node is far worse than any Jugs node. Jugs doesn't scale as well as a high-level 4*.

Agree there. I hate the scaled Jugs with a passion, I think its utterly laughable that a 1* should be able to do that sort of damage for 6 ap.

However, after experiencing the complete unfairness of the Carnage node, it does make Jugs look so much easier.