Fetid Imp vs Lantern Scout + Serene Steward

Options
Rootbreaker
Rootbreaker Posts: 396
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Has anyone seen this interaction before?

They gave their imp reach and deathtouch, my scout was big enough to kill the imp in one hit, but the deathtouch brought it to 0 health. Then my steward hit with lifelink, and buffed the lantern scout back up. It survived!

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Has anyone seen this interaction before?

They gave their imp reach and deathtouch, my scout was big enough to kill the imp in one hit, but the deathtouch brought it to 0 health. Then my steward hit with lifelink, and buffed the lantern scout back up. It survived!

That's...fun. Probably should report that in the bug forums
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah. I believe the lantern scout should die and the lifelink triggering serene steward's ability should buff her once he dies.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooh, that's interesting. I have noticed the +1/+1 is applied before damage before, but I didn't know about this interaction with deathtouch.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't seen that, but I have seen instances where Kalitas is killed in combat, and the opponent's creature is killed in combat at the same time. This triggers Kalitas' ability to generate a zombie. If there are 3 creatures on board already, the game will prompt you which creature you want to replace, and I can replace the 0 toughness Kalitas with the 2/2 zombie token.

Kalitas has lifelink, so I'm thinking there might be a timing layer where the computer checks lifelink triggers before it checks state based actions of the creatures.