The next 5* after Hulk

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Speculation time after the release of the next 5* after 5ruce 5anner:

Do they

(a) increase the count of 5*s in the Latest LT to 4 (thus lowering the odds to 2.5% per 5*)
(b) increase the odds of getting a 5* within the Latest LT, but keep it evenly split between them at 3.8% - like the way the classic worked after odds went up to 15%.
(c) move both 5cap and 5IM to classic LTs.

I bring this up since both 5cap and 5IM were introduced simultaneously, which has no precedent thus far and retiring from latest to classic happens in release order.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lockheed. Kitty Pryde's "dragon".
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Power Pack .... The game's first collective character!

... Never mind the optics of battles involving children....
    Iceman notwithstanding...
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lockheed. Jubilee's "dragon".
    *cough* Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat *cough*
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Rocket & Groot are hurt by this comment. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they hadn't just release Banner I would have said Maestro...

BLACKBOLT ??!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

... Never mind the optics of battles involving children....

(besides the bit where it's already been pointed out that Rocket & Groot already do this) Let's be real. If it's a 5* collective, it's going to be "The Avengers" and will be Hulk, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Captain America as one character. Because another variant of those guys can't hurt.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Reintroduction of the civil war token but at a lower price. So instead of two types of legendary tokens, it will be 3 types.

To be honest, having different types of legendary would be preferred. Not only are 5* hard to come by, but getting a duplicate cover that you already have 5 of the same colors has got to suck. Having different packs would minimize this.

Yeah I haven't gotten 5 colors of the same character for a 5* so I don't know how much it sucks though.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lol, I love how no one actually read the post.

...To answer your question... no clue. I doubt even D3 knows how they will handle it at this point.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe the next 5* will come in pairs and bump off both IM46 and Cap to classic
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To round out the Avengers team, Thor, Natasha Romanoff, White (Classic) Nick Fury.
    All of those are great. The tier doesn't have enough caucasians or white-passing aliens.

Maybe Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider to change things a bit.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really Squirrel Girl should have been a 5 star. Keep her green the same, but make it 5 1-turn fortified countdown tiles that deal 10K damage each....
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dokiy wrote:
    Really Squirrel Girl should have been a 5 star. Keep her green the same, but make it 5 1-turn fortified countdown tiles that deal 10K damage each....

Yeah, 5* Squirrel Girl needs a OHKO where she talks to the opponent and convinces him to leave the battle. It'd be a chance to introduce the "empathy" special tile type!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maestro please. But I seriously doubt that since we just got that Hulk... Well maybe then some villain like Dr Doom or Onslaught
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing as Black Widow missed the 4* tier and there is only 3 versions of Thor my guess would be either of those.

Outside shout for Riri Williams Iron Man though.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    Maybe the next 5* will come in pairs and bump off both IM46 and Cap to classic

Or split the month between IM46 and Cap. First two weeks is one of 'em, second two weeks the other rotates back in, new 5* the next month, at which point it's Hulk, FNG, and Slightly Less FNG.
  • prancerosner
    prancerosner Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    lol, I love how no one actually read the post.

Namor or Nightcrawler
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Regardless of how they balance the packs, the next character needs to be Punisher 2099

4461275-6385593584-s6ov1.jpg

Sword Gun!
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It should be Dr. Strange, to coincide with his movie whenever it comes out.
    Along with a Growth Industry or Totally Terrible Hulk type event to earn a cover.
    We can dream though...
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    Speculation time after the release of the next 5* after 5ruce 5anner:

Do they

(a) increase the count of 5*s in the Latest LT to 4 (thus lowering the odds to 2.5% per 5*)
    (b) increase the odds of getting a 5* within the Latest LT, but keep it evenly split between them at 3.8% - like the way the classic worked after odds went up to 15%.
    (c) move both 5cap and 5IM to classic LTs.

I bring this up since both 5cap and 5IM were introduced simultaneously, which has no precedent thus far and retiring from latest to classic happens in release order.

I couldn't care less, I'm walking around in a burned out daze. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif