Idea for team based bonus stats...

KrazyKev3
KrazyKev3 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
This is a concept I've been thinking about for this game for a long while. But I never suggested it, because honestly i thought the devs would eventually implement it on their own (because it's an existing feature in other marvel games). That being: stat, or battle, bonuses based on using 3 characters that belong to a certain marvel team or a themed group. For example, using 3 avengers might give you +5% damage during the battle. Using professor x, Mr fantastic, and captain America could be in a "team leaders" group and might reduce all team up ap costs by 1. and just for fairness sake, if you use 3 characters not forming any team or group, there could be either a default bonus or the game could choose a random bonus from all the bonuses. This has been used in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance console games. MPQ has started doing this with a few characters powers: Mr fantastic healing x amount for every member of f4 in the team, and 5* cap and iron man having powers based on members of team cap and team iron man being on the team. However these cases are very few and far between. And this team bonus idea is even more valuable since certain characters have powers that depend on other characters being from their team. but what if you aren't using other team members? That power becomes totally useless (or at least a lot weaker). Mr fanatic is widely considered a useless character. but that's only because no one wants to use an all f4 team. if people had extra incentive to do so, Mr fantastic is a lot more powerful all the sudden with a f4 team. and add to that a bonus stat... people may start using characters that are less popular more often.
I thought this idea may be coming soon since team/group affiliations were added to the character background info screen. But I've heard no mention of the feature coming. I know this would be a big change to implement, both programming wise and coming up with bonuses while also keeping things level and fair. But it would add SO much of the feel of the marvel universe to the game! When I first started playing this game, I was so excited to use a team of all xmen! Only to find that the best combo (and often the only way to win some battles) were a mix match team. More often than not, it's a disadvantage to use 3 team members. I know that tons of players would like to play with same team or franchise characters. Yet this game is all about HAVING to win to place well for the rewards, that this is not doable in those circumstances. The team bonuses would be an incentive to using the teams that people want to use. Thus it would add a lot more fun to the game and make it easier for players to play the way they would like. Whenever a new avengers, xmen, Spiderman, etc movie comes out, people are pumped about the movie for months before hand and even for weeks after seeing the movie. When that person starts up MPQ, they want to be like "yeah man, I'm ganna play as the xmen! FREAKIN awesome! That movie was so amazing!" At least I know that's how I always am icon_razz.gif
I know this is a huge feature to add and would take lots of trial n error and tweaking. But I think it would be worth the effort for what it'd bring to the game. I think it's at least worth the devs sitting down and talking about the idea icon_e_smile.gif