New Legendary options (proposed revision)

SeveredSynapse
SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
As new characters are added to the game, we can add new columns/costs/options:

Latest Legends (remain 25 CP or 1 LT):
5* --> 3 most recent
4* --> 12 most recent (or fractional most recent as the character compendium grows)

Journeyman Legends (remain 20 CP):
5* --> 3 middle-recency characters per release date (currently will become BlackSuit-Spiderman, Green Goblin and overlap Phoenix)
4* --> 12 middle-recency (or fractional most recent as the character compendium grows)
## As the 4* & 5* compendium grows, this may need to be broken down into subsequently more tiers... general principle, older characters are cheaper CP, overlap as needed to keep odds at 15% 5* or more if Developers have pitty) ##

Classic Legends (remain 15 CP):
5* --> The Original 3 : Silver Surfer, Woldverine, Phoenix
4* --> 12 oldest 4* per release date (or fractional most recent as the character compendium grows)
## Alternative to decreasing Classic Costs ## --> increase Odds for 5* as they have been in the game so long, this will support those loyal customers who have been as unfortunate as I have with the RNG [630 pulls/CP cash-in resulted in 33 5* covers ~5.2% only 4 total OML covers ... no complaints, I just haven't had the luck on my side that many others have].

I feel this dynamic will help people who are trying to finish out their older 5* or 4* characters and avoids all of the dilution.
Just stratify the options more as new releases come-in
Incentivize the cost of older characters
Eliminate redundancy of older characters when drawing "Latest Legends", albeit at a justifiably higher cost.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions???

P.S. For years we have been posting suggestions, and our community player-base has had phenomenal suggestions, but rarely do I see player suggestions implemented.
Do Developers ever even read/consider these type of posts? ...

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making the tokens with OML in them even cheaper wouldn't end well, I am afraid.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't matter how they're split up, rng progression for the top tier(s) is bad.
    I'm 1/21 on 5☆s this season, 10/75 since the change to 15%

We need a streak breaker
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with tying the 4*'s into the age thing as well is that everyone wants newer 4*'s (plus others depending on your luck or the ones you have champed) and forcing them to have to choose between possibly getting usable 5*'s and building 4*'s seems like a harsh one.

With the amount of 4*'s there are now, they should do something where we can choose to exclude a certain amount of 4*'s from an LT.

As far as 5*'s, I don't think the naming works, journeyman sounds low quality and you still lack scalability as they add more 5*'s, so maybe they just call them generations or seasons with all the older generations only having 3 characters each and costing 20 cp like they do now.

Given that you still need a decent amount of covers to make a 5* usable, they could bring out a featured 5* LT token, each day that token would have double the normal chance of a specific 5* so people would have a bit less rng to screw them over.

Beyond the above stuff, everyone should have an unlucky LT counter, miss out on a 5* 9 times in a row and your 10th will be a certain 5*, the counter would reset if you got one in the meantime.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't dislike the general idea, but those cheap LTs are going to have mostly weak to middling 4*s in them (Bag Lady, XFW, Starlord). You'd be opening them almost entirely for the shot at OML and maybe Phoenix (lolsurfer) - mostly everything else would just be sold. Bleh.
  • SeveredSynapse
    Quebbster wrote:
    Making the tokens with OML in them even cheaper wouldn't end well, I am afraid.

Well, it will re-balance the RNG luck reliance... and optimistically, de-emphasize the uni-polar design of his character because everyone will eventually have him situated similarly. Therefore, tactics & character selection will adapt globally.
    Maybe not make OML *cheaper*, but make him more easily acquired by those who have turned in the requisite # of tokens and had misfortune
    I agree completely with: fmftint
    fmftint wrote:
    We need a streak breaker
    Jarvind wrote:
    I don't dislike the general idea, but those cheap LTs are going to have mostly weak to middling 4*s in them (Bag Lady, XFW, Starlord). You'd be opening them almost entirely for the shot at OML and maybe Phoenix (lolsurfer) - mostly everything else would just be sold. Bleh.
    Weak / old 4* should be cheaper.
    LT tokens that were first introduced *should* be distributed as such (where veteran players have acquired the necessary covers on previous 5*s and are working on the new) as opposed to complete luck of the draw. I think (per above) reducing the emphasis / imbalance of OML can be accomplished simply by shifting in favor of easier acquisition. Those who have had OML covered heavily (especially those max/champ 550 guys) have had sufficient time to reap the benefits of their good fortune; and allowing those transitioning 5* players who are less lucky to catch up will certainly not affect the crew who have moved on to far-superior characters combinations and strategies. if you are working on classic legends, you most likely are tying-up loose ends... thus old 4*s may complete the transitioning crew, old 5* have a discount rate, but lack the relevant 4* progression. For casual players who have a more difficult time building CP/Tokens may find the Classics more appealing because the cheaper cost of entry.
    Crowl wrote:
    The problem with tying the 4*'s into the age thing as well is that everyone wants newer 4*'s (plus others depending on your luck or the ones you have champed) and forcing them to have to choose between possibly getting usable 5*'s and building 4*'s seems like a harsh one.
    true, which is why they cost significantly more (40% more, but bean counters can set appropriate limits).
    Crowl wrote:
    With the amount of 4*'s there are now, they should do something where we can choose to exclude a certain amount of 4*'s from an LT.
    That would be great, though they have never done this so it would be unprecedented ... welcomed & appreciated, but unprecedented.
    Crowl wrote:
    As far as 5*'s, I don't think the naming works, journeyman sounds low quality
    agreed, working title... the more poetic can find the appropriate prose
    Crowl wrote:
    Given that you still need a decent amount of covers to make a 5* usable, they could bring out a featured 5* LT token, each day that token would have double the normal chance of a specific 5* so people would have a bit less rng to screw them over.
    Yes please!!!! Immediately green-light this idea!!!!... we do it for 4* characters, why not for Legends? The currency / ecosystem already accounts for progression-suppression, this will allow incentive and re-invigorate those who are burning out or feeling dejected by luck

Beyond the above stuff, everyone should have an unlucky LT counter, miss out on a 5* 9 times in a row and your 10th will be a certain 5*, the counter would reset if you got one in the meantime.[/quote]
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still chasing OML and PHX, and the last thing I'd want is a **** 4* for the 97% of the pulls where I don't get what I need. 4*s should never be tiered like that, otherwise most people would never cover any of the newer ones.
  • SeveredSynapse
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm still chasing OML and PHX, and the last thing I'd want is a **** 4* for the 97% of the pulls where I don't get what I need. 4*s should never be tiered like that, otherwise most people would never cover any of the newer ones.

even if you could chase those two characters down at higher odds (5% vs. 3.8%) while simultaneously paying 75% the cost (15 CP vs. 20 CP)... buy 3 get 1 free?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

even if you could chase those two characters down at higher odds (5% vs. 3.8%) while simultaneously paying 75% the cost (15 CP vs. 20 CP)... buy 3 get 1 free?

I just don't think it would be fair to punish people on the 4*'s available to them just because they have already been punished enough by the RNG not having given them the 5* covers they need to have a usable character.