Is thing worth emptying a taco vault?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
My thing has been 0/5/5 for ages.
Taco vault has a red cover and I have 300+ tacos saved (the other 4* cover in the vault would also be useful for me, but is not high priority).

Is thing worth chasing, or has he been relegated to mediocrity via power creep?

(note, the alternative will likely be using these tacos to chase either an 11th 4* cyclops cover, or a 12th iceman cover when they rotate in later this summer).

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably not for the 1st red. I happen to like him but his usefulness overall is pretty limited.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd also say no. The downside of hoarding more is that you're cutting yourself off of a lot of iso and hp that you could put to good use. Not to mention the 2* and 3* covers you can apply to your champions. But, as mentioned by others, Thing isn't really worth chasing, if you're going to open, do it for the LT then stop and keep hoarding again. Saving until Cyke or Iceman rotates back around isn't a bad idea, as they are in the top tier of 4*, so getting them maxed should be a priority.
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 270 Mover and Shaker
    It might be a little ways away but with the release of Peggy, I am waiting for her to be in the vault before use my collection of dp tokens
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    No [.........]
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's definitely not better than Iceman or Cyclops. Patience, padawan.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have him champed, and can't even tell you when I last used him. Don't bother.
  • Vhailorx
    Quebbster wrote:
    He's definitely not better than Iceman or Cyclops. Patience, padawan.

I would hope that my stockpile of 300+ tacos indicates that patience is not my problem!
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2016
    simonsez wrote:
    I have him champed, and can't even tell you when I last used him. Don't bother.

That was my concern. He is useful only insofar as his passive can force enemies to attack him first. Nice with xpool, or now Peggy. But less important now that 5*s do massive match damage. . .
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only reason I would say to do it is if he's your highest covered 4* and getting that next cover is key to pushing you farther into the 4* tier. If you have other useful 4* characters, I'd say skip it.
  • Vhailorx
    scottee wrote:
    The only reason I would say to do it is if he's your highest covered 4* and getting that next cover is key to pushing you farther into the 4* tier. If you have other useful 4* characters, I'd say skip it.

Nope, he would be my 6th 4* champ. And cyclops and iceman are getting close and are clearly superior characters.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Nice with xpool
    That used to be the scariest combo, but OML makes that irrelevant now. Just pummel Thing, take the hits and heal.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Codex wrote:
    It might be a little ways away but with the release of Peggy, I am waiting for her to be in the vault before use my collection of dp tokens

If Peggy ends up in this rotation of 4*s, she should be in the Savory vault at the end of October (though she could be in there any time as the random 4*).