Known Issue: Raise Level Button Error

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hi all,

We are aware of a bug some are experiencing with the Raise Level button. We apologize for the inconvenience. This will be corrected in the next update. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
    "We have identified a bug where the Raise Level button for characters loses functionality if players partially invested Iso-8 into a character's level in a R103 or earlier build then update the game to R104. This bug can only happen if you partially leveled a character in R103 or earlier. This bug will be fixed in the next platform patch (R105)."

Comments

• Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    For those with stuck leveling, I believe I have found a work around.

Rapidly tapping the Raise Level button can increment the xp bar by 1. After getting to the next level with this method, I was able to gain further levels normally by holding the Raise level button. This method worked on both of my xp locked characters.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    ^ That didn't work for me, but I'm still glad I found this thread, and its actually a known issue. I've been raising hell all day about this lmao. I was returning to the game after almost a year, so I didn't even remember that I had partially put some of that Iso there on my characters. Both The Hood and IM40 are stuck at 1 XP away from the next level for me, and it was getting frustrating, seeing as they're the only useable 3-stars I've got lol. Thanks a lot for the update David.
  • GrrArgh
    GrrArgh Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    The initial post indicates this bug should only happen on R103 or earlier versions. I am operating on the R104 version and encountered this bug while leveling a character partially. I have a character on the brink of becoming a champion and several covers waiting in the wings that will expire if I do not sell them or use them for this character. These covers are hard enough to come by to then lose them to a bug. Is there any date/time frame we could have of when this patch is coming?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrrArgh wrote:
    The initial post indicates this bug should only happen on R103 or earlier versions. I am operating on the R104 version and encountered this bug while leveling a character partially. I have a character on the brink of becoming a champion and several covers waiting in the wings that will expire if I do not sell them or use them for this character. These covers are hard enough to come by to then lose them to a bug. Is there any date/time frame we could have of when this patch is coming?
    Will it let you use the purple max level button instead?
  • Imbatman
    Imbatman Posts: 8
    Having the same issue and this is holding up my progression. This needs to be fixed.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrrArgh wrote:
    The bug is in R104, and affects characters that were partially leveled in R103.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Additional request: ever since this button update it's like super hard to level up a character to an exact desired level of XP. Now I can't level up (for example) my 3*s anymore to the point where they would require exactly 100K of ISO to reach level 166. (level 114 + 429 ISO, from the top of my head icon_e_ugeek.gif )
    I know it's kinda OCD but could you please restore some finetuning to the button? icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:
    I know it's kinda OCD
    No, it's very OCD.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:
    Additional request: ever since this button update it's like super hard to level up a character to an exact desired level of XP. Now I can't level up (for example) my 3*s anymore to the point where they would require exactly 100K of ISO to reach level 166. (level 114 + 429 ISO, from the top of my head icon_e_ugeek.gif )
    I know it's kinda OCD but could you please restore some finetuning to the button? icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    Fast buttons for some, slow buttons for others!

Vote Kang!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    GrrArgh wrote:

Nope. I'm in R104, just partially leveled my 2* Ms. Marvel in R104, and now cannot spend more ISO to finish.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Would be nice to see some kind of sign that this will be fixed soon. I've hoarded 30K+ in Iso and counting to help make some of these guys more useful, and I haven't been able to, which has directly affected my performance in both the current Heavy Metal PVP event, and the Prodigal Sun PVE due to weekly boosts. I at least hoped we'd get some kind of compensation for the halt in progress, but it doesn't seem like that'll be the case if its just gonna be a fix-all patch that just comes with the next update.
  • GrrArgh
    DayvBang wrote:
    GrrArgh wrote:

My character was level 85 in R104 with no iso loaded to reach level 86. In my case it did not seem that this was an issue with a partial iso load that sat there from R103 and then finished in R104.
  • GrrArgh
    JVReal wrote:
    GrrArgh wrote:
    Will it let you use the purple max level button instead?

I'm actually trying to hoard the iso to try this option. I'm 3,000 shy right now. So maybe in the next couple of days I will have enough to try this. Sadly, though by then I will have lost 2 covers in the process.
  • BlackSheep101
    GrrArgh wrote:
    I'm actually trying to hoard the iso to try this option. I'm 3,000 shy right now. So maybe in the next couple of days I will have enough to try this. Sadly, though by then I will have lost 2 covers in the process.
    Assuming that wasn't a typo, you should be able to pull in that from a couple of lightning rounds today.
  • GrrArgh
    GrrArgh wrote:
    Assuming that wasn't a typo, you should be able to pull in that from a couple of lightning rounds today.

Giving it a shot. Thanks for the reminder... I usually stick to just the story after finishing the prologue but I guess that leaves a lot that I'm missing out on.
  • BlackSheep101
    Lightning rounds start every other hour. If you enter the event right when it starts, you should get 10 "seed" teams that are very easy to beat. Easy iso (and maybe some useful covers, too)
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Can report the purple level max button still works when you have characters with this issue. Though the fix is coming, this helps if you have the ISO