Rerolling color of dropped covers

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
Hey, after reading this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45794 i wanted to come with something... lets say more friendly for DEVs.
As you propably know, color of drops from tokens is mostly random (except for vaults with one color available etc.). For championing or selling covers this means nothing, but for upgrading covers this may prove problematic.
Selling five 4* Jean Greys just because you have 5/0/0 and bad luck (same with my 4/1/5 X23, 3/4/0 Prof. X or 5/1/3 Mr. Fantastic) is painful and 1000 (or 2000 from 5*s) is painful. And selling 3*s or 2*s (Funny fact - got 20(!!) red and yellow 2* Ms Marvel before i finally got one black cover i need to max her out - yes, this is how RNG may work).
So, my idea is:
Spending
A) Command point to reroll color and get other one (you wont get the original one)
Price will be: 1CP(2* covers), 3CP(3*s), 5CP(4*s), 10CP(5*s)
B) Same with hero points
Suggested prices: 25HPs(2*s), 75HP(3*s), 150HP(4*s), 500HP(5*s).
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with your suggestion is that it is still basically punishing people who have been screwed over by the rng, the suggestions along the lines of unlocking the colour on a cover once a player has maxed out that first colour seem far more fair and if players don't feel like they are being treated unfairly then they are more likely to spend money on the game and the devs would benefit that way.