a single *5 card can compare to how much level 2 card?

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
i dont know how to explain this well in english but i give it a try.

is there anyway a single level 5 card can be overcome by a level 2 card with full powers ( like level 94 ) or just champ?

sometimes in PVP mode i see a single level 5 card together with other opponents that are like level 2 cards. now i know level 2 cards i have a chance at, but level 5 i have no idea. now i just skip them.

so can anybody more experienced then me, could tell me if it is at least possible ?

i have level 2 cards at ( level 94 ) thor, torch, captain america

thank you

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very unlikely. A 5* even with 1 cover deals in average 400+ damge per turn just doing normal matches and has twice as much health as a 2*. Your guys will be dead from match damage before you gather enough AP for a power.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    1v1 a fully matched top tier 2* like Ares could probably take a 1 cover 5* down.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2016
    Depends on the skill of the 5* card - one purple of Jean Grey is way less harmful that one black/purple of Green Goblin, or yellow OML.
    Basically, 255 level 5* deal 400+ damage each round with proper colors, plus he has 10 000HP.
    Fully championed Ares, Thor or maybe even Magneto, Black Widow (5/3/5) or Ms. Marvel (if you have teamups avail.) could kill it 1V1, but as i said - it strongly depends on how powerful skill the enemy has.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Thanks for the answer guys,

will leave those battles for now and focus on other battles.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Very unlikely. A 5* even with 1 cover deals in average 400+ damge per turn just doing normal matches and has twice as much health as a 2*. Your guys will be dead from match damage before you gather enough AP for a power.

I'd hazard a guess, this is accurate. A simulator mode has been suggested before where you can try different matchups, would be interesting for sure.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's see, assume a level 94 Ares.

That's 5800 health. Assuming the 5* averages 400 per turn, and never gets match4s, match5s, or cascades, or fires any powerz, then you have 14 rounds before the match damage alone kills you.

How many 2*a can do 10k damage in 14 turns? Ares is the best single target damage in 2* land. He could probably do it,of the board cooperated. Thor might be harder because his nuke is aoe, and more expensive. Torch has the output, but less health.

A team could definitely do it. Just bring stormneto + Thor or Ares.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once beat a team with a 1 black GG in it + 2 low level 2*s (like L40ish) with a 2* team consisting of L80 Bullseye + L94Daken + L94 Thor.

I killed the 2*'s pretty quickly but GG wreaked terrible match damage on Thor (he was virtually dead). Luckily Daken has infinite heal and Bullseye got out 3-4 protect tiles early on which even at 45 per tile cuts 180ish from the match damage which really helps. Eventually Daken had to eat a Slider attack but he was able to because he was constantly healing.

I've won similar matches against SS esp if he just has a Blue or Black cover.

The other thing to consider is that you have no idea how many covers that 1 power 5* has because most people aren't leveling them. I've also hit a 5* with 1 power who actually had 3 covers and been wiped for it.

So in my mind it's not worth the trouble. You just take way too much match damage (guaranteed health packs) and even though I now a mid 3* team I just skip those battles..

KGB
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    KGB wrote:
    The other thing to consider is that you have no idea how many covers that 1 power 5* has because most people aren't leveling them. I've also hit a 5* with 1 power who actually had 3 covers and been wiped for it.

KGB

Sure you do. In case you didn't know, when your opponent comes up, you can see their screen name at the top. Click on that and you can see their alliance name and full roster. Look there and you can see just how many covers that lvl 255 has.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    KGB wrote:

KGB

Sure you do. In case you didn't know, when your opponent comes up, you can see their screen name at the top. Click on that and you can see their alliance name and full roster. Look there and you can see just how many covers that lvl 255 has.

Thanks for the tip! I'd never done that before. I knew you could click on names in the leaderboards and see rosters but it never occurred to me you could do it in the opponent screen.

It would be vastly simpler if they'd just fix the UI so that you could click on any of the 3 opponent characters and see their skills in the same manner you can do in the actual battle screen. This game has the worst UI of any game I've ever played.

KGB
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    KGB wrote:
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    KGB wrote:

KGB

Thanks for the tip! I'd never done that before. I knew you could click on names in the leaderboards and see rosters but it never occurred to me you could do it in the opponent screen.

It would be vastly simpler if they'd just fix the UI so that you could click on any of the 3 opponent characters and see their skills in the same manner you can do in the actual battle screen. This game has the worst UI of any game I've ever played.

KGB

Another tip: You can do that on the screen where you pick your boosts/team-ups.