Your craziest packs?

Options
HomeRn
HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The packs I earned from the event today (still need to do Kozilek for the mythic) were beyond lucky... 2 OtW packs: THREE MYTHICS and one rare. Just two problems: the mythics were literally dupes of each other - three Zendikar Resurgances icon_mad.gif - and my screenshots of this bonkers moment decided to corrupt themselves...

Comments

• raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm convinced the event reward packs are not using the normal rates. I got 2 of the same mythic in one pack.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raidan wrote:
    I'm convinced the event reward packs are not using the normal rates. I got 2 of the same mythic in one pack.
    Uhm.. Maybe...
    Today I got 1 bfz and 1 OGW pack from event...
    1 mythic each lol(and both new mythic icon_e_biggrin.gif)
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I haven't gotten anything out of the event packs except the minimum of rares. Most of the time the rares were Jori En, Ruin Diver and I now have 5 copies.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Between both runs of the event, the only Mythic i have obtained was Sphinx of the Final Word, for finishing...

Toss me some of your luck please!
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raidan wrote:

The card pool for OGW boosters is very small..... i would think that leads to more possibility of getting cards of higher rarity and of course dupes
  • TheLaughingMann
    Options
    I wish I had more Mythics drop. The best one I got is Bring to Light (a godsend to my green deck, considering either I can get a land drop or a costly creature spawned in). Heck, my last free booster just before I went to bed gave me a Scab-Clan Berserker. My red deck's gotten a bit better.
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Options
    soultwist wrote:
    I haven't gotten anything out of the event packs except the minimum of rares. Most of the time the rares were Jori En, Ruin Diver and I now have 5 copies.

i feel you man, ive gotten so many deepfathom skulkers (up to 7 i think) that i just utterly despise that card.... icon_evil.gif
  • parasith77
    parasith77 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just opened my craziest 8-hour pack and i got OBLIVION SOWER (Mythic)!!!
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    parasith77 wrote:
    Now there's something to see - you CAN get mythics in those freebies everyone!

Not to mention, I just happened to pick up Crush of Tentacles from one of my two OtG boosters from this weekend's event... guess who's Kiora deck just got that much more OP?
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Now no body should gripe too much, last event my OGW pack came with Jori En and 4 strider harnesses.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I got a 5 cards,non ogw booster with 4 uncommons and a rare.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    parasith77 wrote:

I didn't get any mythics from free packs for months, until suddenly in the last month they gave me Quarantine Field, Starfield of Nyx, and today, Archangel of Tithes.
  • Sinslayer5
    Sinslayer5 Posts: 45
    Options
    Posted earlier this month my craziest pack yet:
    Sinslayer5 wrote:
    Could this be the most insane Free Booster pull ever?!

Nth Free Booster:
    0M
    2R (Abbot of Keral Keep, Knight of the White Orchid)
    0U
    1C (doesn't matter, see above)

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I opened an akoum phoenix
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    One of the packs in my free fat pack this month had 2 mythics, a mirrorpool and a void winnower.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    parasith77 wrote:

Not to mention, I just happened to pick up Crush of Tentacles from one of my two OtG boosters from this weekend's event... guess who's Kiora deck just got that much more OP?
    Afaik you can only get some of the mythics from that booster, check the information button to learn which ones.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OGW pack from Valakut Tyrant encounter unfolded like a roller coaster:

Baloth null (dupe)
    Strider Harness (dupe)
    Remorseless Punishment (effing fourth one I've drawn)
    Kozilek's Return
    World Breaker

This is after I burned gems on a big box and got the Tyrant second card in, all three mythics being new.