lots of Peggy in "eight is enough"

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else notice significantly more Peggy in this most recent PvP event than is typical for a new release?

Seems like the player base has already decided that is the new 4* meta.

Does this seem correct? I know I avoided her myself, but mostly because I was in a hurry today.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    seems obvious enough. her blue and yellow make her an enormously unattractive target for anybody who's trying to "hop." She slows fights down, and if the name of the game is speed, she makes an excellent member of a defensive deterrent.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    didn't see one team using her. must be a bracket thing...?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a single one in my mmr.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    None in Eight, but I've seen a championed Peggy in Real McCoy,
  • djeternal
    djeternal Posts: 28
    Well the 75 yr vault allowed many more ppl to get Peggy than would be for a normal new release. Not sure if you are seeing tons of 1 cover Peggys or not but that vault would explain why more ppl have her than usual.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw a bunch of 300+ Peggy (with the new char boost) on my way to 1k. Not so many that I couldn't avoid them, but definitely more than typical for a new character.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see any.
    Just a tonne of OML and/or Phoenix.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:
    I didn't see any.
    Just a tonne of OML and/or Phoenix.

This.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see any Peggy. Just the usual slew of jeanbusters and old man fist
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should provide more details:

I was in slice 4, and have 5 4* champs. I have no 5*s above 255. So I think my mmr is in the sweet spot to show me 4*s in the level 240-280 range.

While searching for the 25 or so matches that got me to 1k, I probably saw 8-10 Peggy teams. I don't recall seeing any champs, but I almost all of them were 10-13 covers and above level 200.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, I saw a Peggy in literally every single match I played in 8 is enough. Of course I only played a few matches, [ not a big fan of PvP ]. And there is also the fact that she was on my side. But I have her at 3/5/4 and did not get hit once. that could be because of Peggy alone, or the fact that I was running her with Hood and Loki. As for seeing Peggy on the enemy team, I only saw that a couple times.

icon_lol.gif Apparently sarcasm doesn't go over very well on the forum icon_rolleyes.gif .

VVVVVV
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you only played a few matches, how many points could you have been worth?