[merged threads] Board reshuffling during a live cascade

2»

Comments

• an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I saw it during AI move:

1. AI makes move.
    2. Damage resolves.
    3. Board check - RESHUFFLE if no possible matches - EVEN if the next point falling tiles would do a match!
    4. Tiles fall

Board check is made too often/too soon.

Also happend to me on my Recharge resolve:
    2 tiles resolved, stunned IM40 etc. and made a cascade that removed all possible matches.
    Game not waiting to resolve 3rd Recharge CD shuffled board, CD moved up and it didn't get processed...
    16a1ooi.jpg
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Game is doing its "no match/auto shuffle" despite the board not being settled. Have had entire rows and columns cleared only for an immediate reshuffle, with a portion of the board hanging in midair.

Before you ramble on about the all knowing AI shuffling what would have been shown to be a stalled board (which I totally disagree with in basic transparency/trust - see TV Tropes "The Computer is a Cheating Bastard"), I can think of 3 times where the board shuffled after my match despite the fact that one or more matches would have resulted from the board settling (if it had been allowed to).
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    This is a known issue - previously, the board state wasn't being checked properly and players would be presented with boards that had no legal matches. Now, they've fixed it so that the board state still isn't being checked properly and is shuffling boards that should be resulting in cascades. In this case it has nothing to do with any "all-knowing AI."
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    In this case it has nothing to do with any "all-knowing AI."

The devs fixed it in a way that publicly exposes the fact that the AI precomputes the turn's entire chain of events until its final end, before beginning to show to the player how the turn plays out. That's what makes the game feel like its powered by an "all-knowing AI"...

(I have to say I am not surprised that they didn't fix this issue properly. Took them 3+ tries over a period of 8+ weeks to fix the timing and conditions for Ares' Sunder countdown tiles as well, after all...)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a case of this today. Iron Man 40's Recharge went off. After the first countdown resolved, the board reshuffled. But now Iron Man was stunned and the other two countdowns didn't resolve...
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    2016-07-30, 20:44 CDT - still happening.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Just happened to me also, 847pm (PST) on 8/2.

Was doing a cascade, that would land on my XDP countdown tiles, but it reshuffled before the tiles matched. icon_evil.gif

Still won though...
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Has happened to me several times in the last few days.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Just to report this again, since the new update went out.

It just happened to me again, I made a match and it was going to line up a 3xBlue across, and it reshuffled before it could make the match.
  • theMediaman
    theMediaman Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Adding my name to this list.

I never witnessed this bug before, but have seen it twice in as many days. Seems to have shown up since the most recent update (adding Black Bolt to the loading screen).
  • Milamber42
    Milamber42 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Adding my name to the list for this bug. I came looking to see if it had already been reported and was really hoping to see a developer response here. I leave, sadly disappointed...
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    This problem needs immediate attention it possibly can mean a difference between win or loss