Update won't finish

SpecSpecter
SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
I'm not sure how else to describe this, but trying to load the new update from the App store (using an iPad) the progress bar will fill, reach completion, pause for a while, then start over. Not sure what to do about it because all the while this is going on I am locked out of the actual game.

Comments

• SpecSpecter
    So far I tried resetting the app and even deleting and reinstalling the game, nothing has made any difference that I noticed.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The progress bar in question is in the app store? Is there a way to clear the app store cache on the iPad?
  • Vigster
    Vigster Posts: 1
    Same problem here... ipad4...
  • SpecSpecter
    It fixed itself eventually I guess as the download finally went through though I still don't know what was going on. It went on like that for over five hours, that can't be normal.
  • Badonka
    Badonka Posts: 1
    I too cannot get the update to install. Downloads everything until the very end and then hangs without finishing. I get the message "Marvel puzzle quest cannot download at this time." If I try again I get the same message every time. I have cleared my cache in the App Store. Tried to download at least 25 times and even left the installer on overnight. No go.

Please fix this. I cannot even get into the game at this point.

IPad Air (original) running iOS 8.0
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Badonka wrote:
    I too cannot get the update to install. Downloads everything until the very end and then hangs without finishing. I get the message "Marvel puzzle quest cannot download at this time." If I try again I get the same message every time. I have cleared my cache in the App Store. Tried to download at least 25 times and even left the installer on overnight. No go.

Please fix this. I cannot even get into the game at this point.

IPad Air (original) running iOS 8.0
    You should open a ticket with D3 customer support: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

iOS app store downloads are hosted on Apple's servers, so you may also want to contact Apple's tech support.

If your save game is backed up to Facebook, you may want to try deleting the game and reinstalling, but that's just advice from another player. I don't work for the company or anything.