[Unable to Log-In After Update[ [Merged Topic]

Options
Fbabay
Fbabay Posts: 2
Good morning,

I got to work this morning at about 10AM pdt and there was an update that had been pushed within the hour (my other apps auto-updated before my commute to work). After downloading the update, I was hit with "getting server date" for about 2 minutes, and then "no internet connection." I've tried several more times with similar results. I was able to get into other apps, onto the internet via chrome, and have tried both data and wifi connections, to no avail. Is there a known issue with this?

Mod Edit: Merged all 3 threads into a single bug thread/

Comments

• rambclem
    rambclem Posts: 5
    Options
    After the last update (few minutes ago) the game cannot retrieve the server date even if my Internet connection works properly [img][/img]
  • pforhan
    pforhan Posts: 15
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm stuck on "Get Server Date" -- are the servers back up and running?

Other than that, the only weird thing on my phone is I denied contacts access. Would that make a difference?

[edit] Specified exact version number above. And I just noticed that the Retry message lists a blank device id, weird. It's been working up until now.
  • Tsukihi714
    Options
    I also can't login. It gets stuck on retrieving the server date. But I don't seem to have a problem with my contacts.
  • joshua
    joshua Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi, after the latest update of the game on my Android HTC one (today at around 2:30) I also can no longer start the game. It spins on Get Server Date and then shows me an unable to connect error. I have retried, restart the app, restarted the phone and checked my wireless and internet connection with other applications (connection is fine). Really hoping this gets resolved before the new event starting tomorrow.
  • Fredopoulos
    Fredopoulos Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here after update.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • Peytonk41
    Peytonk41 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am having the same issue
  • parasith77
    parasith77 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still cant log in
  • ThePhoenix70
    ThePhoenix70 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    same issue. after updating gets to get server date and says cannot connect.
  • deepseadeath
    Options
    Its happening to both me and my wife
  • venomAA
    venomAA Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here. Getting annoyed at this cause of all this connectivity issues. Other games that i run that require connection dont have this many probles even when im run them in 3G
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Add me to the list. Nexus running latest Android. Was this play tested?
  • zaann85
    zaann85 Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here. Please help! Android galaxy s5.
  • tdellaringa
    Options
    We are told to:
    Android users - please download and install version “1.5.6.10421”.

How do we do that when the version live in the play store is 1.5.0?

I am also on a Nexus 5 with the latest version of Android. This really should not be this hard.
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In the play store the notes say it is version 1.5.5.something. I tried an uninstall and reinstall and it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions or a link to the version 1.5.6?

Maybe the Play Store doesn't refresh automatically (they probably don't expect two updates in the same day). I restarted my phone and then 1.5.6 showed up in the store.
  • venomAA
    venomAA Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Restarted the phone and there is no update.
  • tdellaringa
    Options
    Does uninstalling the app lose your data? Note - I said NO to all the permission stuff early on before I knew what it was.

This is ridiculous.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Is this really going to be a thing? I last played at 1030am CST(and that game got interrupted by maintenance). The game has been completely unusable since.

HOW IS THIS A THING?
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Fwiw: I disabled automatic update om MtGPQ on Play Store, restarted my phone and got the second update available. Got the game working after that.
  • fozziebear
    Options
    I'm afraid after latest update. . My Android phone is just saying the same when trying to access the game... (Get server date) and that's as far as I can get... please help..