Marvel Report: Inside The Design Of Peggy Carter

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

If you'd like some insider details behind the creation of MPQ's Peggy Carter (Captain America) - you'll want to check out this new interview with Demiurge's Paige Pettoruto & Jae Tsai at The Marvel Report. There's some juicy info available on art, ability, and lore decisions as well as background on how this all came about.

You can FIND IT HERE.

Quote:
"Jae: I really wanted to capture the 1940’s flavor of her character that everyone is familiar with in the MCU and also in the Agent Carter show...As the design progressed, we decided she would exist alongside the contemporary MPQ characters and her costume evolved into something sort of mashed up with retro and contemporary elements. Originally, she had a retro military scarf with a vertical white stripe that was tucked into her suit top that eventually evolved into the white tie."

Comments

• pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I thought the artist was Amanda Clarke?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    pabasa130 wrote:
    I thought the artist was Amanda Clarke?
    She did the art for the comic cover. Jae Tsai did the art for her character select and in-game animations.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Competition. You can also win Peggy by earning 800 points in the currently-running PVP event, “For Victory.” This event also awards additional comic pack tokens that will give you an extra shot at a random Peggy draw.
    Special Offer. In honor of Captain America’s 75th Anniversary, we’ve created a special “75 Years of Cap” store that features Steve Rogers and Peggy at much higher odds than usual. This store is available in-game until 7/06, and is the fastest way to unlock Captain Carter.

And this is the only announcement we got of these features at all in the forums. Too late for the first one and with only a few hours remaining for the second. It's almost as though you don't want players to be excited about positive new things in the game? icon_e_sad.gif Apparently our pleas for improved communication have only managed to spitefully make it worse.

You win. I give up. No more campaigning for more or better communciation in the forums. Once I believed that you didn't know that communication was expected or that you were doing it poorly. Now it can only be assumed that you simply don't care or don't want. Fine.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Competition. You can also win Peggy by earning 800 points in the currently-running PVP event, “For Victory.” This event also awards additional comic pack tokens that will give you an extra shot at a random Peggy draw.
    Special Offer. In honor of Captain America’s 75th Anniversary, we’ve created a special “75 Years of Cap” store that features Steve Rogers and Peggy at much higher odds than usual. This store is available in-game until 7/06, and is the fastest way to unlock Captain Carter.

And this is the only announcement we got of these features at all in the forums. Too late for the first one and with only a few hours remaining for the second.
    The second one was announced in-game. Sure, it would be nice if it was mentioned earlier than this on the forums too. But if someone doesn't play the game in a span of 4 days, I don't feel bad about them missing out on a temporary store.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    The second one was announced in-game. Sure, it would be nice if it was mentioned earlier than this on the forums too. But if someone doesn't play the game in a span of 4 days, I don't feel bad about them missing out on a temporary store.
    You popup mean popup via popup popup popup that popup we popup see popup a popup billion popup times popup a popup day? I stopped looking at those over a year ago. I have sympathy for people who don't read them, and yes, doubling up the announcement in the forums is hardly a difficult task and it would go a long way.

Don't mean to pick on you but "communication" is far and away this company's worst feature. By like, a million miles. It's not really a defensible position. They can always use 10x more.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

And this is the only announcement we got of these features at all in the forums. Too late for the first one and with only a few hours remaining for the second.

I'm aware that most things nowadays are announced directly in game which is actually an improvement over the way it used to be, at least in the sense of making sure a higher percentage of players is made aware of things. However, what I am talking about is the failure to use established channels of communication to engage (as opposed to simply inform) their players.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

I'm aware that most things nowadays are announced directly in game which is actually an improvement over the way it used to be, at least in the sense of making sure a higher percentage of players is made aware of things. However, what I am talking about is the failure to use established channels of communication to engage (as opposed to simply inform) their players.
    In this we agree.