Please tell us Legendary odds change in advance

Wobby
Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
A new 5* character is coming. Hooray!

Of course, only 4-5 people may have that character playable in the next 6 months. So really, can d3 please break the long silence and tell us this: what happens when that new shiny drops?

Odds in the 20cp tokens are at 3.8% without Green Goblin. If he cycles out for the new guy to cycle in on Recent tokens, do the odds drop under 3.8%?

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I understand the Legendary tokens correctly, the odds for getting a 5-star are 15% no matter how many of the 5-star characters are in the mix. When Goblin drops into the "normal" Legendary tokens, the chances of getting a particular 5-star will all drop, but you'll still have a 15% chance of getting a 5-star cover.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are currently four 5*s in classics and three 5*s in latest. I don't think anyone will be taken by surprise by what happens when they add the next one. The real mystery is going to be what happens when they add the 9th one. Here's hoping they break them up into three groups and add a 15 cp **** tier token so I can stop pulling BSS on the rare occasions that I actually pull a 5*.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are a hoarder and want to mitigate risk, then open up half of your tokens beforehand and half afterward. That way you get half at the better odds, regardless.