A problem with PVE

2»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    3-4 hours is I think more than what is actually required. I can get through a clear in less than 30 minutes, and 3 clears/day is typically all it takes to hit max progression. 3-4 hours gets me all green check marks which is above and beyond max progression - close to T20 in a non-release event.

Depends on your roster and scaling. I wish it only took me 30 minutes for a full clear. It takes me closer to 60-75 per clear, so yes it's takes 3-4 hours a day in cases like that.
    Are you exclusively using winfinite? It shouldn't take a developed roster over an hour to do 10 fights. A 3* player should be able to get through trivials in a minute, essentials take a bit longer - 3-4 minutes, and the 3 hard nodes a bit longer still 5-6 minutes. Worst case that's 33 minutes plus however long the opening node takes - less than 5 minutes typically? That's under 40 minutes.

Even when I had a single champed 5* and my next highest was at 360 and my scaling was all out of whack I could still clear in under 40 minutes. There is a thread over in the character discussion with some good 3* PvE teams in it - maybe check it out to give some tips on how to speed up your clears.

Winfinite? No clue what that is.

I'm a fairly new player ~125 days. I only have about 5 or 6 3*s champed, none of them top teired (but Kamala is coming soon icon_e_biggrin.gif ). My strongest team is champed Ock ~170, champed Falcon 166, 8 cover Ant-Man 172. This team is very hit or miss. When they hit they knock it out of the park, but frequently battles just drain on and on with no strong offense. Hence my comment on roster, if you've got a weak/defensive team it's going to take longer.

It's actually better now than it used to be. When I had 3 5* at 255 and my next highest characters were in the 80s it could take all day if I could clear at all...
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Pretty much everything in here is why I chose to take my $9.99 from Google rewards and buy Baldur's Gate on my Android phone instead of spending it on VIP, and I'd do it again 1000 times over without regrets.

My 3-4* transitioning roster doesn't really have much of a place in PvP. Sure, I can usually hit 800, but unless my champed 4Thor is boosted, that's generally when I end up having to throw in the towel since I don't have the time or motivation to dedicate to figuring out what Line is or how to coordinate on it. My 12 cover level 188 Nick Fury (and fully covered 111 IW icon_lol.gif) isn't helping me on that front, and the only cover I've managed for the Only Character that Matters is his day 820 black cover that I'm still mustering the HP to roster from 4-5 days ago.

That leaves me with PvE. The only things from PvE that help me advance my roster at this point are the 25 CP and the CP rewards. I'm a full-time student that works two part-time jobs on top of having a wife, kids a few times throughout the year, two dogs, a bird, and a home to tend. Doesn't leave a lot of spare time, certainly not enough to even attempt reaching T20+ most of the time if the boosted roster is good enough to pull that off (these two weeks, the boosted characters are far from helpful in case you hadn't noticed).

PvE is a major time sink, and I can tell you it's not from lack of ability on the player side. I'm not one of those who screams about the AI cheating because I know how to play it better than the AI and swing things in my favor. Between all of the new character releases and the recent lingering burnout from the grindfest surrounding Civil War, I sputtered out in DP v MPQ, and I haven't even opened the Juggernaut Heroic. If Prodigal Sun is another test event, I might dabble in it to see if it is a return more to the MR&G test, but if it's more of the same, I very likely will take it casual in that, too.

There just isn't enough going on in PvE to incentivize playing much recently outside of the double ISO and (I guess) new character releases.