Most idiotic 3 star champion cover?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Which cover reward is the most idiotic/nonsensical?

I was championing a 2 star thor, in hopes of boosting my 3 star thor, in hopes of getting a cover for my 4 star thor. And after just checking I realized that Thor gives Red Hulk covers, what the h? Then I checked Hulk and She Hulk and they gives covers for troll hulk, what a mix-up. At least one should give red hulk instead...

Comments

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    The difference being Red Hulk is one of the best characters in the game and 4* Thor is so-so? Its only really a problem if you already have him max covered.

Vision rewarding Cyclops covers is a bit more mind boggling.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Ragnarok giving X-23
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    The champion covers are sometimes characters that work well together in the game. Iron First gives you Hulkbuster, for example. So in that sense, 3* Thor giving you Rulk makes sense. Their yellow and purple powers both accelerate green for Hammer & Anvil. Rulk's red is passive, so might as well let Thor use the red AP.

Ragnarok and X-23 were both artificially created.

The one I don't get is Black Panther and Reed Richards. Same colors, I guess.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infrared wrote:
    The champion covers are sometimes characters that work well together in the game. Iron First gives you Hulkbuster, for example. So in that sense, 3* Thor giving you Rulk makes sense. Their yellow and purple powers both accelerate green for Hammer & Anvil. Rulk's red is passive, so might as well let Thor use the red AP.

I believe BP & Reed are Illuminati buddies
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Infrared wrote:

Black Panther was actually introduced in a Fantastic Four comic as well.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infrared wrote:

Black Panther was actually introduced in a Fantastic Four comic as well.
    I Believe Black Panther has also served as Mr Fantastic's replacement at some Points in the Fantastic Four too...
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    None of the rest of these examples matter in a world where:

1. Totally Abysmal Hulk exists.
    2. Totally Abysmal Hulk is actually considered a "reward".
    3. There are 3* characters that give Totally Abysmal Hulk as a "reward".

Were we blood relation of the developers we could have them legally committed to a psychiatric care facility for treatment of this derangement. A little Shock Therapy might be warranted here.

icon_storm.pngicon_storm.pngicon_storm.pngicon_storm.pngicon_storm.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    None of the rest of these examples matter in a world where:

1. Totally Abysmal Hulk exists.
    2. Totally Abysmal Hulk is actually considered a "reward".

Were we blood relation of the developers we could have them legally committed to a psychiatric care facility for treatment of this derangement. A little Shock Therapy might be warranted here.

icon_storm.pngicon_storm.pngicon_storm.pngicon_storm.pngicon_storm.png
    Number 3 is actually incorrect. When the champion system launched Squirrel Girl was shown to give Cho covers as a reward, but that was an error and was fixed early - she is actually giving out Ant-Man covers.
    But two characters giving out Cho covers is also too many IMO...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

Most would say two too many. icon_lol.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Ragnarok giving X-23

This one is actually funny. They're both clones.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    The difference being Red Hulk is one of the best characters in the game and 4* Thor is so-so? Its only really a problem if you already have him max covered.

Vision rewarding Cyclops covers is a bit more mind boggling.

Forehead lasers and eye lasers are basically the same thing right? icon_lol.gif
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    Number 3 is actually incorrect. When the champion system launched Squirrel Girl was shown to give Cho covers as a reward, but that was an error and was fixed early - she is actually giving out Ant-Man covers.

Actually, he didn't say that there are three characters that give him as a reward, but [a certain amount of] 3 star.png characters. So he is correct.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Ragnarok giving X-23

This one is actually funny. They're both clones.

Went totally over my head!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    vision -- EYES -- cyclops (plus, redflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png)

The most groan-worthy to me goes to icon_thor.png -> icon_redhulk.png ('cause he's Thunderbolt Ross!)

icon_squirrelgirl.png -> icon_antman.png is a bit of a mystery. They both have pets? That bite people? Maybe there's some tie in with the comics.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    vision -- EYES -- cyclops (plus, redflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png)

The most groan-worthy to me goes to icon_thor.png -> icon_redhulk.png ('cause he's Thunderbolt Ross!)

icon_squirrelgirl.png -> icon_antman.png is a bit of a mystery. They both have pets? That bite people? Maybe there's some tie in with the comics.

squirrels, squirrels, squirrels and ants, ants, ants probably